• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pump woes ...

This is my first crack at the pcp thing and I hit a snag straight outta the box . Rifle is ordered through a buddy and the Yeng Hong compressor from Amazon .. Set the compressor up as required , oil , water etc .. Left hose and drain valve off for first run and break in . When I flipped the switch on the unit the sparks flew .. Now I am going to be sitting on a new rifle waiting on a replacement compressor ... 

This is my first crack at the pcp thing and I hit a snag straight outta the box . Rifle is ordered through a buddy and the Yeng Hong compressor from Amazon .. Set the compressor up as required , gas , water etc .. Left hose and drain valve off for first run and break in . When I flipped the switch on the unit the sparks flew .. Now I am going to be sitting on a new rifle waiting on a replacement compressor ...

Its not totally unusual for sparks to happen when new at first start up. It may just be a switch that got burnt out. I would remove the cover and see if the bottom of the switch Or relay got burnt and check with an ohm meter. If you dont know have a friend who has an ohm meter check it 4u.

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=137176.0

Unless you had fireworks kinda sparks-

https://youtu.be/QGJuMBdaqIw

You were on the unfortunate side of the MTBF curve ('mean time between failure').

In general things (especially electronic things) will either failure really early, or will work for a long time before they wear out and fail. That's why it is always good to work something new pretty hard within its first 30 days of ownership (return period). If it survives that and you then take care of it (use and service it properly) it should then perform well for you.

You were on the unfortunate side of the MTBF curve ('mean time between failure').

In general things (especially electronic things) will either failure really early, or will work for a long time before they wear out and fail. That's why it is always good to work something new pretty hard within its first 30 days of ownership (return period). If it survives that and you then take care of it (use and service it properly) it should then perform well for you.

Which is exactly why car dealers (and electronics stores) are so anxious to sell you that extended warranty - because that's the period of best reliability.

GsT