• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pump Problem - Seneca Aspen

My Seneca Aspen is about 30 days old. It has fired about 1500 shots (virtually all at 2200/2000 psi). I lubed the gun as instructed, and then followed the maintenance instructions faithfully (lubing at the shorter intervals as instructed). I stored the gun at the proscribed pressures. Despite filling to low pressures, I let the pump cool between each set of 10 to 15 strokes as the forums taught me. More often, I pump the gun 5 or 6 times before taking two minutes to fire two shots from the bench. Anyway, the past two days I picked up the gun to find the pump handle bound in place. When pulled free, it really, really didn't want to open fully. It closed with just a little extra force. I understand this is a common problem. Is there a common solution? Links to pictorials or videos appreciated. If I knew this would be a one-time problem, I'd ask for warranty repair, but I fear repeated shipping costs and loss of use for an ongoing problem. I'm handy, and work on my other airguns. Guidance please!

I got this from another forum. Think you need to read between the lines somewhat though.

De-gas your rifle first!

1. Take your 6 Allen head screws out and remove both forearm pieces.
2 remove linkage pin and circlip for the pump arm and the 4 Allen bolt at bottom of metal tube closest to the trigger and slide arm and tube off letting the linkage slide through the tube.
3. Unscrew the black piece on the bottom of the clear plastic tube (CC). At the top of the clear tube there is a plastic ring that will spin easily. Remove by spreading it and slide it off. Then remove the pump piston pin under it and slide clear tube off.
4. Slide the piston rod up and unscrew the brass piece (CC) that holds the piston rod in and slide the piston out. Clean, Replace the seal and reassemble using silicone grease.
This sounds hard but is very easy to do. I hope this helps.

The problem o-ring is the small buna #006 duro75 oring.

download.png
View attachment 1550517403_20988808005c6b049b722101.99827256_assembly for senaca aspen.xlsx

I don’t know if this will work but hear is the gun breakdown

Schematics 

I would like to ask for some help as I also realized that it only takes me 15 pumps to get the gauge from 0-3600! That’s seams Way too little as I read people taking about 75 strokes to get it to 3600!

Also weird is that I only get 3-4 shots from 3600-1000psi, on low power and 2 shots from 3600-1000psi on high power! this is confirmed by the fact it takes me 5 strokes after each shot to get back to 3600 on high power and about 2-3 strokes on low power. im so confused as this .25 Aspen is suppose to see 9-11 decent shots on high power and 15-17 shots on low power! 

Could I have a faulty gauge? Could it be that the previous owner adjusted the hammer spring (I don’t understand the function of adjusting it) and made it put too much pressure through each shot?

I also noticed that my trigger is “loose” (warbles left, rite, back and forth) before it engages the final trigger click. It does not seem to have a 2 stage or any spring to keep the trigger from having this free play. Could this be the issue for such high pressure usage per shot?

any advice would be great guys 🙏🏻

download.png

I am afraid to report that after some more shooting, the power plant is behaving strangely again. It is once again only taking 10-15 pumps to fill to 3600 from 0 and I am getting resistance on the outward extending stroke. I also only get 2-3 shots on low and it’s empty again. It is 100% an issue of not getting the full storage volume of the reservoir, I just can’t understand why or how this issue is happening again. Could there be a blockage somewhere or perhaps lubrications is not getting to the part which occasionally gets stuck (pre-charge piston)?

Does anyone know where I can find the special fill adapter for the pre-charge service valve on the front end of the gun? Would like to get it incase I need to repair and refill to the factory 1700-1800.