• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pump explosion.

Sounds like the threads were either damaged or simply not screwed down tight.

This is the first time I have personally heard of this happening with a hand pump.

I once blew a 4500psi burst disk on a Freedom using an external hand pump. No "shrapnel", but it did wake me up! (grin)

Boy did it wake me up! LOL!
I had a problem with blowing burst disks on my vevor compressor. The first time it let go almost made me have to change my underwear. By the time I fixed the problem I hardly flinched.😁

Reactions: BackStop
I've used expensive hills hand pump to cheap $40 Chinese pumps for about 5 years till I switch to compressor and I have never have a problem with a hand pump explosion. Or have heard of anyone having that issue. Not sure why your pump would explode. Compressor aren't $3000-5000 like they were a few years ago. You can get a good compressor for under $300. So why still using hand pumps? Hand pumps are a thing of the past I say. I would never go back to hand pumping, especially with guns that have bottles now. Takes forever to fill while a $300 compressor will fill it in under 3 mins.
The reason some of us still use hand pumps is because we live on a very limited budget. A 40 dollar hand pump is a lot more affordable then a 300 dollar compressor. Myself I would rather save that extra 260 dollar's and put with other money I've saved and buy a new pcp, like the new Airacuda Max.

Sorry I'm new to this forum and didn't see the reply button on your comment. Yes exploded under 3000psi. Shot everywhere. Failure at the threads of the third stage piston where it meets the check valve.
Damn wtf catastrophic failures startin to appear here an there slowly I noticed as more people get into airguns its more of a chance of something happening when someone gets whatever unit a pump a filter whatever it be a gun this dudes edgun blew recently, HPA ainta joke