• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pulsar or bobcat?

I own both and they are both fine guns, a Pulsar Oro and a Bobcat MkII, both in .22 and both fitted with Huggett moderators. Personally I would choose the Pulsar over the Bobcat as I like the little details on the Pulsar, the beautiful wood stock, the magazine and how all the metal bits are finished. The Bobcat just doesn't have the fit and finish the Pulsar has. I also like the electronics on the Pulsar, not being able to double feed a pellet and the vibrations it does when the magazine is empty. They are both equal as far as accuracy goes and the Pulsar is a bit quieter than the Bobcat when they are both using their Huggetts.

I know the Pulsar is about $800.00 more than the Bobcat but for me it was worth the extra money, I even paid the extra $500.00 to get the limited Oro series model. As for the reliability of electronic guns, keep in mind the Pulsar comes with a 3 year warranty which is 2 years longer than what FX gives.

As for those who think the Pulsar is ugly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I too thought after just seeing pictures of the gun that it was.....odd looking. But once I had it in my hands I quickly changed my mind. I now think the Pulsar is a beautiful piece of artwork.

The Bobcat feels really nice to shoulder even though weighing 8 lbs. I believe the Pulsar is even heavier. IMO the Pulsar is very cool but a large price tag and more components that could go wrong. Only see a few complaints on the Pulsar and none of them say it's too heavy. If you can swing it get both. Pulsar may be coming out in .25 caliber.

Get yourself an FX Boss .30 (I'm assuming that you already have several .177 or .22 rifles). You can add a Huggett if you think that you really need it (try it first).

You'll never regret the amazing power and accuracy of the Boss! It's in a different league altogether and since quiet is a concern to you it also has that base covered stock.

Now suddenly you can shoot pigs and coyotes! (And win the Extreme Benchrest competition even in breezy conditions).

R.