Pulled the trigger in Baton Rouge , La.

Greetings, new to the forum from down south Louisiana. Been building and running 1: 10 scale rc cars and trucks for 10 + years. Last year, I bought a Stoegr break barrel rifle and 2weeks later I was able to get me a Gamo Urban with a hand pump. For 2 months it was good until I couldn't air it up. Just sat there a entire year until I watched a few videos on shooting and pest control . And just like that I started planning out the next gun as well as a compressor. In the meantime , I must have read a ton of articles on how to fix the Urban, videos on YT and use of the forum here has allowed me to fix my gun on my own .

I stand here, in my right state of mind ready to sell off the majority of my rc cars and trucks to fully submerge myself into this awesome hobby and sport...I look forward to a great learning opportunities and meeting great ,like minded individuals. Have a great day and go shoot something........

Greetings, new to the forum from down south Louisiana. Been building and running 1: 10 scale rc cars and trucks for 10 + years. Last year, I bought a Stoegr break barrel rifle and 2weeks later I was able to get me a Gamo Urban with a hand pump. For 2 months it was good until I couldn't air it up. Just sat there a entire year until I watched a few videos on shooting and pest control . And just like that I started planning out the next gun as well as a compressor. In the meantime , I must have read a ton of articles on how to fix the Urban, videos on YT and use of the forum here has allowed me to fix my gun on my own .

I stand here, in my right state of mind ready to sell off the majority of my rc cars and trucks to fully submerge myself into this awesome hobby and sport...I look forward to a great learning opportunities and meeting great ,like minded individuals. Have a great day and go shoot something........
Hi, Dean:
If you haven’t already, come by Bayou Airgun Club’s range at the Fair Grounds. We would be happy to show you around.
-Griff

Wekcome from southeast Louisiana, NE St Tammany. I used to rum a hobby shop in Covington, with a dirt track back in the late eighties. I flew control line planes in Baton Rouge back then as well. I flew RC precision aerobatics, with Dixie RC in Baton Rouge, until 2002.
I've been serious with airguns since the late sixties, as serious as my finances would allow anyway. Lol.
Welcome to the forum. 👍

Last edited:
17dean, welcome sir. You won't find a more informative place, or a bigger bunch of enablers, to advance your new hobby. I am in Pearl River county MS, outside of Picayune, so not terribly far from you. Pretty far down the rabbit hole myself, started with an Avenger in .25, then an Air Arms S510 XS in .22, a Daystate Huntsman Regal in .22, then added another S510 in .25. Most recent purchase was a BSA R10 SE in .177. Added a Huma regulator, a 420 cc CF bottle and extended valve from Best Fittings UK. Perfect bird gun shooting JSB MRD 13.43 at just under 900 fps. Hold on to your wallet and enjoy.

Wekcome from southeast Louisiana, NE St Tammany. I used to rum a hobby shop in Covington, with a dirt track back in the late eighties. I flew control line planes in Baton Rouge back then as well. I flew RC precision aerobatics, with Dixie RC in Baton Rouge, until 2002.
I've been serious with airguns since the late sixties, as serious as my finances would allow anyway. Lol.
Welcome to the forum. 👍
I'm really excited about this hobby. On plan mode to aquire a better rifle and scope so I can at least be a decent shot. This community is very welcoming.

Reactions: .20calguy