N/A Pull Thru's for cleaning

I make my own with weed whacker replacement line & a small, copper, single hole crimp at one end. You can make them as long or short as you want. REALLY simple to make & saves $ too. Even though the copper crimp is softer than barrel I put a small nylon spacer in front of crimp just to be safe.
20240408_133209.jpg

Last edited:
After breaking two patch worms after not much use I trashed them.

40” Crown Saver.

Reactions: Green_Yamo
I use at least 20# test fishing line. It is cheap and you can easily run it through the barrel, tie a loop and run it many times over through the barrel.

Form loops to hold cloth patches and once your tie the entire string in a loop, you can continuously run it through the barrel as needed.

WD40 works very well for cleaning. Ballistol *may* be better, but WD40 has never failed me and is cheaper. Use it on my PB pistols and have for 30 years+.

Just a thought... it is what I do, it is really cheap and works as well as Patchworm without the cost.

To each their own...

All my best!

Kerry

Reactions: jmohme
I've broken a few patch worms over the years and decided on the Boreman pull through. Only used it once so far but really like it. Something similar could be made with kevlar or spectra line looped over and heat shrink applied over the full length.

Not a pull thru cleaner guy, as I like to just pull thd barrel, clamp it in a padded vice and run mops and brush with a Dewey rod. But, sometimes I’ll use a pull thru between official cleanings as a freshen up, and I only use the Boreman pull thru. Very well made, very strong pull line, machined grab handle, and compact enough in its own case to easily toss in a range box

I've broken a few patch worms over the years and decided on the Boreman pull through. Only used it once so far but really like it. Something similar could be made with kevlar or spectra line looped over and heat shrink applied over the full length.
i use patch worm and i just cannot think of a way to break one ? maybe loading up with several patches till it is very hard to pull through ?