Tuning Puffing Prod

I'm getting a puff of air when I shoot out of the hammer spring adjustment hole. I took the gun completely to pieces including the valve to find out why. I'm loosing air past the valve pin. I found that out for a fact because of my misinterpretation of the o ring mod; I put 3 small o rings on the pin. I got straightened out on what I should have done with some help from fellow members. What I found when I took the gun apart again what the o rings had been blown into pieces. I haven't tried the o ring mod yet, as I still have to get the o rings. The tune I'm using is 6 turns on the hammer spring and one on the hammer. Something else I found was that when I go to max pressure (3000 psi) the gun actually loses power. On the plinkers its phu-ting instead of pow. More pressure less power? Why? I need to be enlighten.

There is residual air (not much) in the chamber where the hammer resides. The hammer, moving forward (3/4-1”) on the way to the poppet, moves that air out of its way to the poppet. The chamber where the hammer and spring reside is not air tight. Where is the air going to go? Out the back hole into your face. There is nothing wrong with your pistol. You are shooting like a carbine or very close to your face as a pistol. Don’t worry about it..

When I did a Bstaley tune to my Prod I had to use a .042 hammer spring (.042 is the diameter of the wire) and a larger transfer port (I think I settled on .111) to get back to about the same velocity I started at. With that spring turned up 7 turns, I could get 20 fpe but only for about one magazine. I reduced it to 5.25 turns with 1.25 turns hammer throw and I get about 30 shots with about 30 fps ES and 16-17 fpe. The stock transfer port is .080.

Yep, Normal, if it bothers you, just put a short bolt in it.

No, I wouldn’t do that.

I think if you do not allow that air to escape, it will hinder the hammer movement.

But, a test is in order.

I do know that the RAI stock adaptor allows that puff of air to escape unhindered..

Truth. Many moons ago I used a plain bolt to attach a homemade buttstock. The bolt interfered with airflow and caused the hammer strike to be weak.