Pssssst sssssay hello to the all new Brocock Atomic XR !!!

Exactly Michael...Brocock made the gun the way they did, working in conjunction with AOA, to have another option for us Field Target shooters that also shoot the Pistol Field Target matches that are typically held the day before the rifle matches. The pistol shoots are alot of fun and only shot out to 35 yards. The choices thus far have been Marauders that are worked over slightly to extensively to do the job, or break down our Thomas rifles and make them into a pistol form to shoot the pistol match, then after the pistol match, make it a rifle again for the next day. If the Brocock performs well, and I have no doubts they will, I think they will sell alot of them and fill a void that has existed for a long time in the PFT world. Thanks AOA and Brocock. BC

@bc, so you’re saying the multitudes of Pistol Field Target shooters are going to rush out and buy a $1500 air pistol? If I wanted to try the niche sport of Pistol Field Target I could do it with a Crosman 1720T at less than a third of the cost. Very gimmicky, am a little disappointed with Brocock and I’m a big fan of the brand.

Evanix did it years ago. So did the GRRRRR! can't remember the company name. Made a model called the 16 something. 

A shame they put the cocking lever on the wrong side for a handgun. but then again, they don't know any better there. Heck, even they're Olympic pistol team is not allowed to practice in the UK. The have to go abroad. Usually the the U.S. Works fine for the Carbine though. Perhaps they should make is capable of switching sides. The do it on some of their Daysatate models. 

As far as the quality of craftsman made, I have no idea who makes there guns. They farm out virtually everything and assemble most of them in house. Daystate does not manufacture their guns. If you don't believe it, watch Steve's tour of Daystate.

Knife 

L LEÓN and Twinkie. I’m not saying that everyone will go out and buy it. But not everyone runs out to buy a 4K field target rifle do they. And then put a 4K scope on top of it along with other goodies but some of us do. I have friends who shoot with the cheapest guns out there and do well and I have some friends who have the most expensive guns and they shoot like crap. Who would have thought 20 years ago that we would be spending so much on BB guns. Not me. This sport can be cheap or expensive as you want it to be. And there will always be plenty of people that will spend way more than some others to have the latest maybe greatest stuff out there.

L LEÓN and Twinkie. I’m not saying that everyone will go out and buy it. But not everyone runs out to buy a 4K field target rifle do they. And then put a 4K scope on top of it along with other goodies but some of us do. I have friends who shoot with the cheapest guns out there and do well and I have some friends who have the most expensive guns and they shoot like crap. Who would have thought 20 years ago that we would be spending so much on BB guns. Not me. This sport can be cheap or expensive as you want it to be. And there will always be plenty of people that will spend way more than some others to have the latest maybe greatest stuff out there.

Absolutely agree.. variety is always a good thing. 

I was watching Jessica of Iguana Solutions using the Atomic XR for a light and maneuverable truck gun. This setup is similar in size to my Leshiy except it has the advantage of having a magazine. I think if you turned down the power to about 12 to 15 fpe you would have an excellent inside the barn pester and at the same time increase that shot count. Bill

@bc, so you’re saying the multitudes of Pistol Field Target shooters are going to rush out and buy a $1500 air pistol? If I wanted to try the niche sport of Pistol Field Target I could do it with a Crosman 1720T at less than a third of the cost. Very gimmicky, am a little disappointed with Brocock and I’m a big fan of the brand.

As soon as the .177 is available, I will purchase one for Field Target use.

Good for you... I’m sure it will serve you well.

So outside a few FT guys who don’t shoot pistol as pistol aka one handed or even 2 handed unsupported, I struggle to see this thing being used as normal pistol by a normal person. To be a fair 1720T also is terrible as a pistol but made for FT in mind hence I have it in carbine format, good number of FT guys use the 1720T in that form so definitely could work for some. 

As much as I think it’s darn cool in micro carbine format but the price is butting up against L2 which is where my heart is but then again I have no interest in FT anything. Good to see some people would buy it and use it as how it is designed. 

How does this compare to the dreamlite tac by FX ?

I have the dreamtac compact in 22 and the atomic in 177. It's not a direct comparison but here is my take.

-For a compact the fx dreamtac compact is still fairly long with the donnyfl moderator. The Atomic is much smaller.

-Atomic is very loud without the moderator but it doesn't take much to quiet it down.

-Accuracy is similar at close range. I haven't shot my atomic out to 25 yards yet so I can't comment on longer range

-Atomic's magazine is nicer built (all metal vs plastic) but the FX stops shots when it runs out.

-Power is very adjustable in both. Atomic is a bit lower. I was able to shoot light ammo 5.5 gr at 910 FPS from the atomic in 177. Close to 900 FPS with ~13 gr in 22 for the FX

-Shot count is higher in the FX due to a larger tank. If you leave the atomic in carbine mode with the default hammer spring tension it uses up the tank pretty fast. If you have the adapter it lasts a long time.

-Fun factor goes to the atomic when plinking. The compact format is nice for target acquisition.

-As for price the FX is a bit cheaper.

I think due to the size they are not directly comparable. Both are nice guns but I prefer the atomic.