• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I guess all I was really saying is… if a more precise measurement is available, why not use it instead of bar. So if I “could” get my gun to consistently fill to 99.5 bar. Isn’t that better than 99 or 100. 

I’m still new to airguns so if you’re telling me the regs still aren’t accurate enough, well ok. But consistently is the name of the game right? And more precise, consistent measurements should assist in consistent accuracy.

You don't need that level of precision in measurement for airguns. You see yourself setting the reg at 1494 psi? Rather than 1501 psi? Really doubtful. 

Look at a 1 inch round airgun gauge in psi and tell me you can see the difference between those two measurements. Why aren't the digital ones in PSI, because they aren't made in America or for only Americans. 

Holding the airtube for 5 minutes or the sun shining on it will change pressure more than your .5 bar example.

Well the Sekhmet will do PSI or BAR whatever you prefer. But that's a very valid point about just holding the air tube or changing the ambient temperature. Just a change in ambient temperature can throw off your tank reading and your reg.

Oh that's cool, I have one and didn't know that. Best of both worlds to keep everyone happy. 👍

Obviously PSI is a much closer (or more accurate) measurement, and BAR is a gross (meaning, not so accurate !) measurement.

So...yeah, IF...you want to be more accurate, use...PSI .

Mike

Please explain this. They are both a measurement of pressure, just measured in different units. Accuracy comes from the gauges and regulators used. A calibrated digital gauge should give an equally accurate measurement in either unit. It may show a different number of decimal places in doing so. Most gauges used on air rifles do not show a very fine increment of the pressure reading in either unit. This does not make one more accurate than the other. IMO most regulators on air rifles are probably not terribly accurate either. I've not seen any data with published accuracy figures.