• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PSA SWFA SS fixed 16x and 20× milky cloudy issue

LDP,

I would not call a SWFA a cheap scope. I think they are great, especially for their price point. Through the years I have had high end meopta, leupold and vortex. All outclassing the SWFA by about $200. Guess what, the scopes that are still in my arsenal, SWFA and a Hawke, that says something. It means that the SWFA can go toe to toe with the higher end scopes for less money. So I sold the more costly scopes to buy more pellets and other toys. To me, there is no sense in spending more if they are comparable. 

As for the blurriness, yes that is a disappointment, but that's me. If you line up perfectly and I mean perfectly, then its a clear picture. Off just a tad, milky picture. The eye box is not forgiving at all. So if I can spend a few more bucks on a sun shade and have an excellent scope, so be it.....until something else comes along. 

Shoot safe, shoot straight guys!

These two models sell for $300 sorry to tell you those are cheap scopes. You say the swfa scopes go toe to toe with leupold and vortex then go on to say it has a blurry picture and milky. I have looked thru my fair share of leupold scopes and owned a few ranging from the vx-1 up to the mark 4 line they used to make and I own three vortex viper pst scopes. None of either manufacturers scopes have ever been a blurry picture or even close to milky regardless of light conditions and without using a sunshade. I owned a hawke sidewinder 30 that cost me $500 and what a pile of junk that scope was. Blurry, hazy and the turrets were very soft and mushy I wont ever buy another hawke. Not bashing the scopes or the people who buy/use them just speaking the truth on what you get for $299. If anyone thinks they are getting the same performance from a $299 scope as a $1,000 scope they are looking thru rose colored glasses. 

I kind of agree with LDP.

But with 300 more invested you are not getting that same amount of added shooting experience so I understand why you do not see the benefits of spending more. It is your money and hobby. I get frustrated if I have hard time looking through the scope.

Although this whole sport is about removing all possible effects that can affect accuracy or precision.

However I rarely hear of people who sell the best scope they have..

PS. I had mushy knobs on my Hawke Sidewinder 30 too but the image was ok. But after I noticed there are mil/mil scopes available I swapped to Argos in a blink.

Slayerious thats what I am trying to say. If the cheaper scopes do what you want its all good. I see way to many posts that make it sound like the chrap chinese scopes perform at the same level as higher quality scopes. The reviews on the airgun forums is what made me decide to try the hawke and what a mistake that was. I dont know if its because airgunners have less experience using higher quality optics but I see those types of comments allot. 

This is because most people in the air gunning are plinkers and I was a live example of one.

I bought 250€ FX scope with my first airgun and it is very good (for the price), but back then I could not even think that one would see a need for a higher standard scope.

As knowledge grows, people usually know what to choose and therefore are confident spending more. This is why sponsoring this forum is a good idea :)

"LDP"These two models sell for $300 sorry to tell you those are cheap scopes. You say the swfa scopes go toe to toe with leupold and vortex then go on to say it has a blurry picture and milky. I have looked thru my fair share of leupold scopes and owned a few ranging from the vx-1 up to the mark 4 line they used to make and I own three vortex viper pst scopes. None of either manufacturers scopes have ever been a blurry picture or even close to milky regardless of light conditions and without using a sunshade. I owned a hawke sidewinder 30 that cost me $500 and what a pile of junk that scope was. Blurry, hazy and the turrets were very soft and mushy I wont ever buy another hawke. Not bashing the scopes or the people who buy/use them just speaking the truth on what you get for $299. If anyone thinks they are getting the same performance from a $299 scope as a $1,000 scope they are looking thru rose colored glasses.
LDP,

I think you are not understanding what I am saying. 
1. I had no idea that a 300 dollar scope was a cheap scope. This PSA was intended to let people know what I went through, to help the community, to inform them that the sun shade corrected my issue with the milky/blurriness.
2. SWFA is made in the USA not China. 
3. I said that they are comparable to my meopta, leupold and vortex that I had in the past, that were about $200 more. I never said they outclass a $1000 scope. Do the math, $200 plus $300 is $500. Comparable to a $500 scope.
4. I never said my other scopes such as the meopta, leupold and vortex had a milky issue. Just the SWFA, look at the title my man. 

Slayerious you are correct it was a general statement made about info floating around airgun forums.

boombots74 the leupold vari x 1 and the vari x 2 are both priced cheaper and at the same price point and I have never seen either model that was blurry or had such a touchy eye box that you couldnt be slightly off center and still have a very clear picture and certainly not a milky picture due to lighting conditions. The more light into a scope the better as long as its designed and made correctly to handle the light.

Just like you I am trying to help the community understand that cheap scopes are just that and dont expect the quality and performance to meet higher priced scopes. I am not saying you are, but lots of people claim their $200 hawke performs as good as higher models from leupold, vortex, zeiss and night force I even seen a guy claim his cheap hawke outperformed the razer line from vortex. Like I said theres nothing wrong with using a $60 scope if it does what you need I am simply clarifying why a scope would be blurry, milky, hazy or have aberrations in its site picture.