PSA for FX Maverick owners

Yeah...back on track.

I removed the lower cover and looked closely at the end of tank. Using a 5x magnifier, while there IS marks on the bottle surface, I cannot feel them with a little finger, fingernail going across them. Took a grinder and "clearanced" the cover to about two pieces of paper (about .008+"). If the bottle is out of round, and the current gap is...on the low side, I may still have interference problems. But I see no time when I'd remove the bottle. And if I do, hopefully I'll at least remember to loosen the lower cover ! In any case, I have no imposed loads from the cover to the tank.

On the other hand...Someone DID...insert the wrong thread screw into the grip..! It was loose from the first time I picked it up. Didn't do anything about it. Not knowing that you don't have to remove the grip to remove the cover...I removed the grip. The freaking screw is STRIPPED. Looks like the wrong screw threads. The insert in the cover looks fine, so no harm done to the hard parts.

Looks like the FX Quality Control department is in dire need of some new personnel.

Mike

I spoke with Stephen at Kraford and Lypt about their chassis.
He says he is aware of the issue and their chassis definitely wont be rubbing on the bottle.
Apparently their Gen3 guard for the Impact got delayed due to the neck of the bottle... They didn't release it due to Inocom bottles having a +-.5in tolerance until they compensated for it...
Knowing that, FX definitely should have tested their chassis on 20 bottles or something, but Inocom bottles seem to very a lot on their neck size...

PS, that K&L chassis is pretty sick. Something like that made in the US for $250 seems too good to be true.

That's what I tough, looks like a bottle issue after all.

I did measure my at the sharpest point of the rail at 1.28.40 inch, what you guys have?

B

Question -

What is 1.28.40 inch mean ? 1 inch, point 2840" ? Or .1.28.40", or..?

If you are talking in actual inches, and are reading 5 digits, I'd seriously debate that number. Unless you are independently wealthy and have a measuring tool that's probably worth $30,000.

Mike

Visually and shroud to clamps (load on clamps) wise, mines all inline, that is the same load on the shroud vs. the clamps has very much the same feel when forced off-center.

The regulator could be that much out of its twist rotation. Being that the bottle is off-center of the regulator center line, mine could be off there.

If so, mine is so close, I'm not gonna mess with it.

Mike

To correct the bottle adapter/reg alignment;

1. Remove bottle Degas both plenum 

2. Loosen forward air tube clamp

3. Rotate bottle adapter to get even clearance on the rail 

4. Tighten air tube clamp then try rotating the bottle adapter if adapter doesn’t move reinstall the bottle and double check even alignment while screwing on bottle.

Ernest