• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daisy Protective Finish for New Daisy Red Ryder

Got an Adult Red Ryder to add to my BB gun collection. Read that the stained wood easily shows damage. Wanted to protect the finish. Thinking an urethane but so many choices. Even polyurethane has an oil base and water base finish. Any suggestions on what works good, easy and foolproof. Do not care about gloss. Just needs to be clear and very durable to scratches. Would like something I can wipe on with a rag. Any replies much appreciated.

I would think a rattle can semi gloss or flat poly would be the way to go. Maybe do a quick rub down with some xxxx steel wool first. How is that adult version of the Red Ryder? I was just debating picking one of those up as a can plinker for the yard.
I like the size and way it handles and like it a lot more than the normal Red Ryder that I gave away. Not sure if the handle is metal like some reviewers have said. It is non-magnetic but very rigid. Aluminum or a very hard plastic???? Too early to report on accuracy. However at 15 yards, could hit bottom of tin can about 1/2 the times with Hornaby Black Diamonds. Tom Gaylord reported that his Red Ryder shot a lot better groups with Unamex BBs which I intend to try. Have not sighted it in yet. Going to have a BB shootout with my Vintage Daisy 111, Vintage 25, Adult Red Ryder, Crossman 760, Barra Cowboy and Daisy 499 at 5m rested with several brands of BBs. I think it is a good value. The price of $54.99 that I bought it at Amazon is now $51.58 +tax.

Not stock finish related, but fun.
Found this new Daisy sport - Can Cutting.
Life will never be the same.
image0 (48).jpeg

Reactions: Shuggoth