Protect yourself from SCUMBAG SCAMMERS

You know what they say about people who live in glass houses. 
1576732815_6521934025dfb088f196f17.10659860_C6D08A8D-B772-4D5C-B1FE-30508C243252.png

I have been on this forum for a long time and have actually met quite a few of the members at shot show, and have been to a few of their homes

So what, does this have to do with Trolls kicking a man while he is down, ? 

"I do hope your loss will help press to both seller and buyers to quit attempting to cheat PayPal with friends and family "

1576766719_20479240195dfb8cff5a8005.55383504_Screenshot_20191219-084254.png

You will note the PayPal fees

I list this for two reasons, one in answer to your questioning of my character and two to show that the fees are not a huge dent in the pocket book, most of the time when I sell something I negotiate to split the cost of the transaction fees since I am paying the shipping fees which many times are more than the transaction fees. 

I will say this I sold a Texan a while back that I accidentally broke while getting it ready to ship, I didn't know I had broke it but when the buyer let me know after he had modded the rifle even so we figured out what happened I payed to have it fixed at AirForce and personally talked to Rachel explained the situation and asked for expedited service offering to pay for that also, 

As I said I have a lot of true friends on this forum and so FRIENDS and family does apply. 

I own a small business and 

I have had payments made by scammers with stolen credit cards, fake postal money order and stolen checks, straw buying from people outside of the United States that try to use a freight forwarder because the item they are buying is a restricted shipping item.

In all but one transaction I won my case on stolen CC the other situations I won because I have always been leary of anyway and take steps before shipping an item out.

PayPal seller isn't just buyer protection it provides protection for both parties. As long as you are being honest in your sell then you have very little to worry about even in a contested 

As the OP clearly said, he made some of his own mistakes in trying to save a few dollars

This doesn't give anyone the right to slam the OP for doing so, it's brave of the OP or any person to admit wrong and try to make a positive from the negatives by presenting it to us in hopes it will help those who might be tempted to follow the same path. This is even more true for a business owner to do so because we all (business owners) hate to see dirty laundry about us in public.

We are human and we do make mistakes and we do make bad judgments from time to time (trust me my wife can preach on mine🙄) The man already is kicking himself for his. it's uncalled for and wrong for others to do some of there own

I am certainly not slamming the OP in fact I sold him my Warcraft with F&F which I bought earlier on AGN with F&F. What irritates me is that the majority,myself included to some degree,wants to make the most that they can and pay as little as they have to for something else and can't admit it. Unfortunately its the American way and that is why the most of products sold in the U.S.. are made somewhere else. So when I see your post stating "seller and buyers to quit attempting to cheat PayPal with friends and family" and yet you do it too after I post a honest statement stating "yea I do it" I kind of get a bit pissed. I should have just keep my fingers off the keyboard but that ship has sailed. This is the last I will post on this subject.

I am certainly not slamming the OP in fact I sold him my Warcraft with F&F which I bought earlier on AGN with F&F. What irritates me is that the majority,myself included to some degree,wants to make the most that they can and pay as little as they have to for something else and can't admit it. Unfortunately its the American way and that is why the most of products sold in the U.S.. are made somewhere else. So when I see your post stating "seller and buyers to quit attempting to cheat PayPal with friends and family" and yet you do it too after I post a honest statement stating "yea I do it" I kind of get a bit pissed. I should have just keep my fingers off the keyboard but that ship has sailed. This is the last I will post on this subject.

Perhaps both of us got a little heavy handed on the keyboard and your correct "cheat" was not the correct terminology. Sorry both to you if it rubbed the wrong way

Even more sorry to the OP for the divergence and clutter from his topic

I agree with @hawkeye69 the F-F should be used with due diligence and understanding that you are waiving the protection offered by PayPal 

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, when you use Friends and Family you are not cheating PayPal. What you are doing is releasing them from any responsibility for problems with your transaction. People should look at the fee like an insurance policy, when you use F&F you are declining the insurance.

So I don't want to debate semantics regarding what is "cheating" and what is "owed" per se, however, again, it is a violation of paypal policy (the policy you didn't read and clicked "I agree" to when you signed up) to use friends and family payments for the transfer of goods and services. And paypal will lock your account if they catch you doing it. Here is an explanation of the paypal forum:
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Basics/Friends-and-Family/td-p/1521992#

And here it is in Paypal's "plain english" version of their user agreement:
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full
1576877999_13688764975dfd3faf399405.85963790_Screenshot from 2019.12.20 16.38.39.png

You are ABSOLUTELY NOT "releasing them from any responsibility for problems with your transaction." Both by federal law, and based on their own agreements with other payment processors, they are absolutely still liable for payments that move through their networks. And if someone files a chargeback on a F&F transfer, you can bet your ass they'll still incur the fees. And there is another thing to be aware of: paypal's buyer and seller protection is barely worth the toilet paper it is written on. As a buyer, if you buy something and the seller doesn't deliver but they manage to withdraw the money and close the associated account such that paypal is unable to recover the funds, you can win the paypal dispute and paypal still won't return your money. Conversely, as a seller, you can do everything absolutely by the book to quality for "seller protection" and win the paypal dispute, but if the buyer files a chargeback through their credit card paypal will not only yank that money from your account, they'll hit you with the chargeback fees as well. (typically PP hits you with about 50$ of fees, again irrespective of whether or not you won the paypal dispute) This is why a lot of these paypal-involved-cons involve F&F followed by a swift withdrawral of the funds. There are timetables running for various types of financial transactions, and different agreements between institutions where these sorts of things are bulk-negotiated, and so far I've never seen a case where paypal was willing to lose money on a transaction. So far as I've seen, Paypal has always made sure either buyer or seller ends up footing the bill one way or another. I'm sure it has happened, the perfect con where PP is left holding the bag surely must have happened, but it is a rare bird for certain. 

So don't think paypal isn't liable for the money they handle, and also don't think that their protection for your purchases and sales is particularly strong either. As a buyer you are WAY less protected with paypal than you are with a credit card. This whole "safe transaction" thing paypal pushes is actually a lot of misleading marketing hype. 

I realize that is a big ugly wall of text, I just wanted to clear that up. There seem to be some misconceptions around how this actually works, and as someone who used paypal for business for a long time I thought I could shed some light on it. :) 

One things for sure iguana police, you can rest assured that something, somewhere, that dude will get what’s coming to him. It sucks it happened, I feel bad for you cause I hate a thief. But, man, live, learn, move on, and know later on, if not soon enough, that Deekhed will get what’s coming to him. As I’m typing this, I wonder sometimes if he’s following this post. If you are, send me a pm, and we will “chat” you fffnn coward punka$$. I’m hoping you live in my neck of the woods.

Tell you what, Mr. Thief. Here’s my Xmas gift to you- I wish you to get a case of terminal colon cancer, but still go on to live another 35 years