• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prosport Holds & Groupings

Alright members, what is acceptable accuracy from your PS or TX's? I have a PS in .177cal and mainly shoot at 30yds. I try to always do my best even when recreational target shooting and at 30yds my avg. grouping is .34 inches which is 8 groups of 10 shots each. .34inches equates to .14 c-t-c correct? But i always feel that it could do better.

And another thing...I tried multiple ways of holding her and placing her on shooting sticks at different places such as 4 fingers, 8 fingers away from trigger guard and at the front stock screws.

Ok with that being said, yesterday she shot wonderfully being placed at the stock screws with the 1st joints from the beginning of my fingertips placed on the edge of the pistol grips checkering. Hope that makes sense.

So basically when you wrap your hand around the pistol grip i will use one of 2 places to put my trigger hand. The very tips of fingers on edge of checkering or the 1st joint from fingertips. Well as I was saying, yesterday it shot beautifully with stock screw stick placement and 1st joints of fingers on pistol grip.

This morning, the groups are doubled in size so I tried 8 fingers away from trigger guard and tips on checkering and BOOM!!! Divinity, lol. a group of 10 making a .26" hole which equals .09"ctc. Just tried it (my original hold from up above) again couple of minutes ago and the group shrank to what they were producing yesterday. Any ideas? I am leaning to the shooter warming up and possibly the rifle as well?

Also how do all of you hold your PS's?

Alright members, what is acceptable accuracy from your PS or TX's? I have a PS in .177cal and mainly shoot at 30yds. I try to always do my best even when recreational target shooting and at 30yds my avg. grouping is .34 inches which is 8 groups of 10 shots each. .34inches equates to .14 c-t-c correct? But i always feel that it could do better.

And another thing...I tried multiple ways of holding her and placing her on shooting sticks at different places such as 4 fingers, 8 fingers away from trigger guard and at the front stock screws.

Ok with that being said, yesterday she shot wonderfully being placed at the stock screws with the 1st joints from the beginning of my fingertips placed on the edge of the pistol grips checkering. Hope that makes sense.

So basically when you wrap your hand around the pistol grip i will use one of 2 places to put my trigger hand. The very tips of fingers on edge of checkering or the 1st joint from fingertips. Well as I was saying, yesterday it shot beautifully with stock screw stick placement and 1st joints of fingers on pistol grip.

This morning, the groups are doubled in size so I tried 8 fingers away from trigger guard and tips on checkering and BOOM!!! Divinity, lol. a group of 10 making a .26" hole which equals .09"ctc. Just tried it (my original hold from up above) again couple of minutes ago and the group shrank to what they were producing yesterday. Any ideas? I am leaning to the shooter warming up and possibly the rifle as well?

Also how do all of you hold your PS's?

All of the above = springers in a nutshell. Got a good smile out of it, thanks.