• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms Prosport and TX200 walnut stock.

Several coats of linseed oil to prime the wood followed by several more coats of Minmax Antique Oil to build finish. You can get there a number of ways.

IMG_5298.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5299.jpg

Reactions: jlharden
They do come a little dry. It's a fine canvas if you are willing and wish to complete the artwork. I sure prefer it to the tinted lacquer shot on most. I can understand the frustration if you're not finish savvy. In any event, an oil will wet the wood. Any variant of BLO. Some have varnishes blended. A little research may be warranted. If you want simple, Watco Danish Oil. No technique needed. Just wipe it on and the wood will be less dry.

Reactions: bustachip
Beautifully done!
I have AA in walnut from 2008 to the present day and all lack anything resembling a finish. For the price, I certainly think they could do better. BUT, given what some companies consider "improvement" (I'm thinking Weihrauch stock design) they would probably spray it with a two-pack epoxy that we couldn't strip short of a torch and scraper.

Beautifully done!
I have AA in walnut from 2008 to the present day and all lack anything resembling a finish. For the price, I certainly think they could do better. BUT, given what some companies consider "improvement" (I'm thinking Weihrauch stock design) they would probably spray it with a two-pack epoxy that we couldn't strip short of a torch and scraper.
Thanks! I'm probably going to find a walnut for my 97K in the future.

Last edited:
Got her back together this morning, stock been sitting for 5 days, still not 100% dry. But it's good enough for assembly, I think it turned out nice and the screws were a nice touch, well worth the effort. Can always apply more coats in the future if needed.
IMG_6762.jpeg

IMG_6765.jpeg

IMG_6766.jpeg

Bonus, my whiskers don't get stuck in the cheek piece now..lol.✌🏻

Have any of you Prosport or TX200 owners with the walnut stock put any finish on them, or just left them plain dry wood? Any oils like TRU oil or
any other oils or finishes?
If so, I would like to hear about your results, or show me the results. Thanks.
I used tung oil on my walnut TX200 stock and love the results

CE270BB8-F4D5-4A43-8B0E-CE1CEAF6FA67.jpeg

9DA9D5FE-D276-4E31-9B8A-9B46C9D35476.jpeg

B1C73188-8AA8-4A84-ACFD-4C80B4227888.jpeg

Me neither but I'm going to at some point. Right now I'm too busy testing pellets and shooting.
Me neither but I'm going to at some point. Right now I'm too busy testing pellets and shooting.
Was a little nervous at first, but I think it will be worth the effort.
I used ting oil on my TX200, love the results

ECFEF681-1158-4E81-AED0-3E22CDF1409E.jpeg

E27A8CA7-8062-4625-B28E-3A29C34B7218.jpeg

B1B6F57A-C5DB-4E13-B972-1B94EB729EE5.jpeg

Reactions: drpietrzak