• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Proposed IL house bill is a direct threat to airgunners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like them folks flooding out of states to good red states . Why dont you stay there and stand up, vote whatever to make your home better . No lets run away and screw up my life here by dragging that along with you.. people forget or been crt schooled that its we the people not thrm the goverment. You got the power if you use it .. but cowering to them is more prefered today .
Your post makes no sense at all. You admonish those who escape the restrictive policies of blue states to stand up and vote, and in the same breath accuse them of screwing up your life because you think they're bring blue state baggage into your "good red state".

Without exception, anyone I've known who has moved out of California has done so because they wish to get out from under the heavy authoritarian hand of blue state legislators. I'm glad for them, but not everyone can do it.

I think what's hard for many people to swallow when it comes to others who "screw up" your lives in "good red sates" is that the youth of today vote and are heavily invested in social media and other platforms that promote a certain brand of progressive ideology. And it's not just young people, look at Arizona, it's not the people who escape California voting for those who currently run that state, it's legacy voters who are doing that.

It's a bitter pill, but there you have it.

I asked you only because you brought it up first. But your point is well taken. I push for our rights every opportunity I get. 👍😀
Oh I get it alright. The revolution that happened in 1775 was over the price of tea. You guys are losing your rights.
Which do you think is worse?
Again, guys who live in places like Idaho just don't get it.

The reason these laws get passed, or even considered, is because the sate legislatures are composed mainly of the opposing party. You will not change their minds.

Think of it this way, if you were a state legislator who wanted to promote 2nd amendment issues and suddenly a small contingent of anti-2nd amendment protestors wanted you to change your mind, would you? Of course not, you'd tell them to go kick rocks.

And that's the way it is with state legislatures that are so powerful (like California) that there really is nothing to be done.
Oh I get it alright. The war of 1775 was fought over the price of tea. You guys are losing your rights.
Which do you think is worse? OK, 1775 was about rights too, but I think I made my point.
California is a travesty run into the ground by powerful people that only want more.

Reactions: L.Leon
But again, I didn’t vote for him. In fact I know of only one other person in Pennsylvania that did. Large numbers of people in cities can readily carry a state majority (Captain Obvious).

I recently received a minor “notice” from a moderator for a post that was significantly less political than the majority in this thread. So......
Yeah, I'm going to back out of this thread before I get too political. Last note, invite people out with you to show them how much fun airgunning can be. Be an ambassador, teach youngsters to shoot. Lastly, do your research before voting. Teach others to do the same. Use logic.
Peace Out.

Yeah, I'm going to back out of this thread before I get too political. Last note, invite people out with you to show them how much fun airgunning can be. Be an ambassador, teach youngsters to shoot. Lastly, do your research before voting. Teach others to do the same. Use logic.
Peace Out.
Yeah, we do all of that. And believe it or not, we actually vote for those who represent our interests. You’re preaching to the choir.

What I think you’re failing to understand is that we are, in states like California, severely outnumbered. Again, guys who live in places like Idaho can’t seem to get this.

You’ll see this strange attitude on places like gunbroker where some sellers will refuse to sell to Californians. I suppose it’s somehow to punish us because we’re so outnumbered. But what they don’t seem to realize is that they have played into the hands of our anti-gun legislators and are themselves no more than the other party’s useful Idiots who, by proxy, carry out the very edicts they despise.

This is why I live in Alabama, LOL. Open carry, no permit for concealed, unrestricted airgun use statewide (no city can restrict airgun use within its jurisdiction). Hope you all can survive up there in WOKE land.
It's the same here in Missouri. Just remember if it can happen there it can happen here. Stay vigilant!

Yeah, we do all of that. And believe it or not, we actually vote for those who represent our interests. You’re preaching to the choir.

What I think you’re failing to understand is that we are, in states like California, severely outnumbered. Again, guys who live in places like Idaho can’t seem to get this.

You’ll see this strange attitude on places like gunbroker where some sellers will refuse to sell to Californians. I suppose it’s somehow to punish us because we’re so outnumbered. But what they don’t seem to realize is that they have played into the hands of our anti-gun legislators and are themselves no more than the other party’s useful Idiots who, by proxy, carry out the very edicts they despise.
Actually I know a bit more about California than you give me credit.
If LA Frisco and San Diego vanished along with certain government officials California would be a lot more normal.
I understand completely about your being outnumbered. They don't call it the land of fruits and nuts for nothing.
I'm biting my tongue here trying to stay non political.

Reactions: Treefrog
What I think you’re failing to understand is that we are, in states like California, severely outnumbered.

Probably a lot closer than you think.

Unlike all those swing state elections that somehow always turn out to be a win by less than 0.5% ... funny how people are supposedly so perfectly divided.

Reactions: darylm
Do you know about The Battle of Athens? Real life US history that show voters don't matter but vote counters do. That was a long time ago, now it's down to a science. A person just can't say that you voted for it anymore.
You mean were a group of WW II vets exposed crooked voting and physically over powered them proving they were stealing the election? Nope, never heard of it. ;)

I certainly didn’t vote for it.
I certainly didn’t vote for it.
Agreed , we can vote all we want BUT , if you're still the minority it doesn't matter ! I've retired from a profession the took me from sea to shining sea, shore to shore . I took my adult "toys" w/ me where ever I legally could. I checked on that before departing the home front. I had low to mid level security clearance on many military bases and the Pentagon. I met many good , interesting people along the way . We all learned a great deal about the attitudes of "toy" use and ownership of our countrymen & women . I've met many people ( including LEO 's ) that have fled their home states , usually after retirement, for the same reason , you can't win a majority w/ a minority vote. I am not a conspiracy theorist , although we do need to keep up w/ our local government through the state reps and tell them our position on these issues or we will be trampled but those that will do so . Our last election had me wanting to write in John Wayne , Sergeant York & Captain Kangaroo for office ( yeah I'm that old) !

Reactions: L.Leon
I know, they are going to get our firearms eventually. They will start taxing each gun we own to the point where we don't want to keep them. It will be really tough for people like me that have 30+ firearms. But air guns really?
Yes really. To the liberals a gun is a gun. It doesn't matter if it's an AR15 or a single shot air gun. They want to take them all!

Reactions: darylm
Status
Not open for further replies.