Prophet Performance .22........Good news/Bad news

Yikes you need a good neighbor to grab that thing! If you can get the gun shipped fedex or ups you can do a hold at ship center or place the package on a vacation hold. I do it all the time with these items of value that I can't get to within an hour at home. Very easy through the apps. Please give yourself some peace of mind and give it a try.

Reactions: cakes1900
My .22 LR arrived a week ago last Friday, and so far I have been enjoying the heck out of it.

It came without a magazine. They have been back ordered from RTI for a while, and the dealer must have pulled the mag out of mine expecting to get re-stocked before they sold the gun. So although I'm waiting on the OEM mag, I had pre-ordered a CARM mag and single shot loader so I'm golden. Darko's orders always shipped really fast, but for my last 2 orders from him the postal systems involved have really functioned well too, and I'm now getting CARM orders in about 2 weeks to CA.

I found a piece of light but stiff 1/2" x 1" acrylic in the shed - Easy to drill and I didn't need to tap it as the machine screw cut its own threads into it. So now I have a little bag rider on the gun too. Mod is s little Huggett Atom - a mod which I have found to be pretty darned effective without adding too much length or weight to a short, light gun.

My first Prophet a couple of years back was a pretty rough gun. Maybe since it was pretty new to the market and bugs were getting worked out. Also maybe because the first owner had tried to get the absolute maximum power out of the gun. This new one is night and day different - really smooth and a pleasure to shoot, while still putting out 53 FPE at the factory settings.

Congrats on your new gun - you should enjoy it when you actually get to shoot it!

IMG_2639.1652881558.JPG

My .22 LR arrived a week ago last Friday, and so far I have been enjoying the heck out of it.

It came without a magazine. They have been back ordered from RTI for a while, and the dealer must have pulled the mag out of mine expecting to get re-stocked before they sold the gun. So although I'm waiting on the OEM mag, I had pre-ordered a CARM mag and single shot loader so I'm golden. Darko's orders always shipped really fast, but for my last 2 orders from him the postal systems involved have really functioned well too, and I'm now getting CARM orders in about 2 weeks to CA.

I found a piece of light but stiff 1/2" x 1" acrylic in the shed - Easy to drill and I didn't need to tap it as the machine screw cut its own threads into it. So now I have a little bag rider on the gun too. Mod is s little Huggett Atom - a mod which I have found to be pretty darned effective without adding too much length or weight to a short, light gun.

My first Prophet a couple of years back was a pretty rough gun. Maybe since it was pretty new to the market and bugs were getting worked out. Also maybe because the first owner had tried to get the absolute maximum power out of the gun. This new one is night and day different - really smooth and a pleasure to shoot, while still putting out 53 FPE at the factory settings.

Congrats on your new gun - you should enjoy it when you actually get to shoot it!

IMG_2639.1652881558.JPG

Where do you get the Carm magazines and single shot loader?

Only available directly from CARM in Croatia. Darko (the owner/operator - 1 man shop) is a great guy, and very skilled in what he does. You have to get over the fear of buying stuff from a small Eastern European company, but I'm probably nearing 10 total orders from him, his communication is great, you get your stuff shipped normally next day, and you get a tracking number which you can search on the USPS site. Never had an order which didn't eventually arrive, but on rare occasions it took a month+.

The rub is that tracking is not all that hot until USPS gets it in hand, and the Croatian and US postal systems can sometimes be SLOW. Not recently for me though (in the last couple of months ~2 weeks from order to delivery). Product also has to go through U.S. Customs when it hits NY. Progress through Customs is invisible and sometimes goes quickly, sometimes slowly. Nothing any mere mortal can do about that. It will say "Processed Through ISC New York, NY" on the tracking, but that actually just means that Customs got it. It won't actually be moving again until it hits the next USPS facility, which is generally Jamaica, NY.

Here is a link to Darko's RTI stuff:

https://www.carm-magazines.com/Proizvodi.aspx?keyword=rti&page=1

Here is what I got for my Prophet:

IMG_2643.1652889787.JPG

Reactions: Sc0-