Prophet leak at rear foster

Overnight the rear foster dumped all the air and when I went to fill the gun it leaks so bad that it's not even worth filling. I tried to snug up the fitting which I easily did, but to no avail. It came right out and both the male and female threads are not damaged. I emailed Tony@Talon to see if he could get me a new "rubber infused washer???" to replace the one that came out. I couldn't find that part on the rti schematic. My plan would be to get a new washer and reinstall using loctite 545 high pressure sealant. I'm open to any suggestion only because I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Simple stuff, yes, but still just guessing.

Thanks

John

Looks like it just loosened itself up. When I removed it I was able to do it with a nut driver and virtually no resistance at all. The rubber had a small section that's torn. Not being familiar with these seals (until now) I just thought it was shot. Threw it back in and using just the nut driver tightened by hand as hard as I could. The major leak is gone. Have to wait overnight to see if it is o.k. Did check the o-ring in the fitting and it was good (thank you Scotty1). Looked online but wasn't able to find if there was a torque spec on the seals. Also, just curious, any one have any input on what would make the seal behave like that?

Bottom line for now is, thanks to you guys I can get it outside with it today and settle a score with a red squirrel.

Thank you all for your input.

John

Mine had...no seal under the leaking, rear Foster fitting ! NPT threads and additional seal's (such as o-rings) normally don't work well together.

Just a high power thread seal...that leaked. When I say high power...when I tried tightening the fitting, it didn't move. But when I decided to remove it to...replace whatever seal was in there, the aluminum threads came out with the fitting. It took very little pressure at all to unwind the Foster fitting...threads and all.

I tried several things, with no real leak free outcome. I went looking for a "high power" thread sealer. I found one. I cleaned everything well, put some sealer on both sets of threads, and inserted a plug. Waited the time in the sealer instructions. I put some pressure to it...been leak free for about 4+ months now.

Mike