RTI Prophet I Problem: Loud POP!! and Pellets scattered out of the magazine?!? ➠ What happened?

Is it possible that the shot that blew the pellets out happened without fully closing and locking the pellet probe in?

YES, SCOTTY!!
YOU NAILED the pellet pusher as the culprit!! 😊

At least for the violent BAAM! next to the ear.
Thank you!

🔶 Now, the second problem — the air escaping with every shot out of different scew holes in the action — that is still a mystery.... 🤔

Feeling cocky this morning, I locked at the cocking mechanism and did some more disassembly, incl. the pellet pusher and the external plenum.

Two ideas I had — please comment — I'm totally out of my depth here:

I tried to really understand what way the air is taking and how air can end up in the trigger adjustment screw holes:

It seems — to may very lay-understanding that when the hammer hits the poppet, air goes from the plenum through the guide of the poppet into the hammer guide (the space where the hammer runs). And from there into the trigger adjustment holes.

➠ Should there be an o-ring at the poppet?

The other explanation of the unwanted air has to do with what Frank is mentioning (though I'm not sure what to do or to look for — the square block with the silver screw does not look "used up").

It could be that somehow the pellet probe does not totally lock into place, even if the cocking lever is pushed all the way back.

➠ And so with every shot some air escapes rearward from the barrel.
🤔

Matthias

Last edited: