Prophet Compact: Plenum + Tuning + Power + Bottle

yes he did put the plenem on his gun as i was first to play with the compact with a plenum. i believe he hsd great results with it as well
I put a additional "plenum" on mine shortly after buying it, well over a year ago (06/22).
It was basically an exercise in futility, and I knew that. Why, because I have no...need of shooting at pellet speeds much over 800fps. And the as sold gun will do that just fine. I was basically heading off any rush to buy the plenum in case I were to go out to 100+ yard shooting.

Mike

when i had my compact i put a plenum on mine was getting i think 72 shots shooting 16gr at 910 i think way better than the 50 i was getting reg was 110 bar oem hammer spring not cut

Like 260-270 bar. Never filled to max 300 bar

Sorry, Doug, I'm just trying to get my numbers and calculations straight — so I can calculate what kind of tune I can attempt....! 👍🏼

Would you just review if I got this straight:
• Compact airbottle 220cc
• Filled to 260-270bar
• REG 110bar
• 16gr pellet
• 910fps MV
➔ 72 shots

If this is so, then that is a very good number. It shows an efficiency of 18.5%.
Another user reported numbers that show only an efficiency of 11.5% — a lot less shots.

Doug, if there's any light you can shed on this, that would be great.
I'm just trying not to spend too much air monkeying around with the reg and HST until I get a tune I enjoy.... ➔ I only have a 9L tank, and the dive shop is a drive clear across a city of 10 million people — you can imagine the hours of severe battling in traffic (actually, you can't unless you've driven in a Latin American metropolitan city 😉 — ).

Matthias

Just get a hand pump. I pump mine all the time and the small tank makes it easier to top off. I actually left me hand pump attached during one range session so I could top off without having to pump back up to tank pressure. I added a huma bottle reg so I only pump to 250 bar. I also clipped a coil or 2 off the hammer spring to give the hammer a little free flight to help efficiency.

Compressors and dive tanks will make you soft. Hand pumping keeps you young. Ha

Just get a hand pump. I pump mine all the time and the small tank makes it easier to top off.
Do you mean that a small 220cc tank on the gun requires less total pumping to produce say 50 shots, than a large 500cc tank?

I added a huma bottle reg so I only pump to 250 bar.
Very interesting! 👍🏼
Please, would you explain the reason? Does this move the bottle forward? Does this allow you to switch bottles without degassing?

Compressors and dive tanks will make you soft. Hand pumping keeps you young. Ha
Yes, Joe. But after 3 years of hand pumping — often in 85 degree weather no a/c — I have decided that I rather be old & wise than young & stupid.
It's not as attractive, I admit. But it's waaaay more convenient to be wise....

That my line of reasons to justify buying a $250 tank rather than a $50 replacement pump. And I'm sticking to it. 😉

Matthias