• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prophet Compact in da house

Oh yeah.... You're right. It pretends to be RTI arms, but it's actually an independent dealer :) I should have studied this site better. Well anyway if he is doing a deal it should be standard that he gives maximum information about the product. I don't know if they are starting that now or what, but it's so underdeveloped in terms of content. However, the important thing is that he does have stock in many cases and for that thumbs up :)

Well, that's great! Too bad, I'm from far away :)

I read with interest your discussions about the compactness of the new Prophet. However, you agreed that it is quite noisy and needs to be retrofitted with a silencer. Doesn't it lose the "compactness" in that case?

Yes, it makes it a bit longer with the added moderator hanging off the end but even in that configuration its still an EXCELLET tight woods & brush hunter plus it works great inside of tight barns too. Someone in another thread made his own internal shroud baffles which he claimed silenced it down significantly. I'm going to try that mod this winter after my shooting slows down.

@MikeVV : Hey Mike, that sounds pretty interesting. Can I ask you for a link to the thread where you address this?

I'll try to find it. Pictures and all.

@mikevv can you buy the baffles outright?

From Airguns of Arizona. Give them a call. Remember you need the spring to work properly, too.

Perhaps you can find someone locally to 3D print them for you?

@orion was working on something. I sent him some files of s baffle I had used so that he could modify it

Remember, then NEED to move to work as well as they can. You need a spring also

Mike

@MikeVV : Hey Mike, that sounds pretty interesting. Can I ask you for a link to the thread where you address this?

I'll try to find it. Pictures and all.

@mikevv can you buy the baffles outright?

From Airguns of Arizona. Give them a call. Remember you need the spring to work properly, too.

Perhaps you can find someone locally to 3D print them for you?

@orion was working on something. I sent him some files of s baffle I had used so that he could modify it

Remember, then NEED to move to work as well as they can. You need a spring also

Mike

Shhhhhhhhhh, apparently my gun doesn't know the difference without a spring and I don't want it to get jealous. Somebody should patent the "moving baffle" idea. LOL