• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prophet Compact in da house

@orion I am thinking the same thing about RTI. The design of RTI guns are modular so they are easy to upgrade and “better design” comes out.

When I was bugging RTI for data, they did inform me the next batch of Prophet Performance Compact will have LW not CZ. This comes from the Horse’s mouth so regardless what AoA or TT etc say if asked, this is coming. I am told the Czechs are stubborn, being have Czech I know this is true. 

6F628886-0034-48B2-A188-AF2BBC77AA53.1624219874.jpeg

Being a former owner of a FX MKII Impact compact I decided on the Prophet for a couple of reasons. One you get a chance to get a CZ barrel which isn’t picky what it shoots, cheaper than the M3 compact, fewer moving parts so to speak (less chance to break), bit more of a cool look for me, and is modular. Aka when RTI comes out with an updated design in say the regulator you can just update the regulator to get the improved design.

Plus, I know FX makes good guns, but the media blitz’s stuff and how some of friends have been treated when there were issues (including me), makes me hold off buying one again for a while. RTI has a strong reputation of taking the input of the customers in updating / evolving their guns.

Anybody making after market shrouds for the Prophet or the compact??? I bought a after market shroud for my Veteran 22 that was maybe 2 inchs longer, It went from quite to mouse fart, I took the Veteran shroud that was about 1 inch longer than my 22 mutant and installed it on my mutant , Wow one inch makes a big difference, I also put the fat boy back on the Mutant , I am impressed by the no sound, Sounds like the barrel is plugged up....

Just wondering

Mike 

@orion I am thinking the same thing about RTI. The design of RTI guns are modular so they are easy to upgrade and “better design” comes out.

When I was bugging RTI for data, they did inform me the next batch of Prophet Performance Compact will have LW not CZ. This comes from the Horse’s mouth so regardless what AoA or TT etc say if asked, this is coming. I am told the Czechs are stubborn, being have Czech I know this is true. 

6F628886-0034-48B2-A188-AF2BBC77AA53.1624219874.jpeg

I think they are Slovenians.

If you guys want to chose between FX impact 3 VS the prophet what do you guys chose ?

A Prophet or Priest has a grand total of 7 O-rings in the ENTIRE rifle vs dozens in an Impact.

If you have ever experienced a warranty repair with FX, well ... it is a joke, to say it kindly. I returned a Dream Pup for warranty repair (safety would fall off by gravity and trigger would release all by itself). They had my gun for 5 months and when they returned it to my local dealer, same ISSUES!!! Gun was sent back to FX (USA) a second time for another 3 months before they actually fixed it and made it functionally safe. I will never buy another FX product again and will gladly share my verifiable horror story with anyone who cares to listen. Do some research and you will see my incident isn't unique. There are lots of examples of a multitude of problems with FX at your fingertips using the search function. Look at the classified adds and see how many FX you see for sale vs Prophets and that silently speaks volumes. Caveat Emptor !!!!!!!!!!

@iGolfat8 and @AJ85, generally, I have heard that RTI is pretty responsive to their customers, but I think a lot of it depends on the dealer.

For FX customer service I know @intenseaty22 had a nightmare with FX on a barrel issue, the offered to sell him a new one for his .177 Wildcat, not make things right. @intenseaty22 has some videos on these issues on his YouTube channel Airgun Supremacy. 

Anybody making after market shrouds for the Prophet or the compact??? I bought a after market shroud for my Veteran 22 that was maybe 2 inchs longer, It went from quite to mouse fart, I took the Veteran shroud that was about 1 inch longer than my 22 mutant and installed it on my mutant , Wow one inch makes a big difference, I also put the fat boy back on the Mutant , I am impressed by the no sound, Sounds like the barrel is plugged up....

Just wondering

Mike

if you like a simple gun and don’t like to tinker and change your guns and tunes constantly then don’t get it. It is inherently more complex and more parts and more things to break. If you get a benz with all the features then expect benz complexity and reliability, it obviously won’t have the reliability of a Toyota with roll up windows or even the benz from the 80s that had no features. 

Yeah, I've already tracked it down. They do have their official website where you can't find out about the compact at all, but then you go to their e-store and there they are available. They even have them in stock in these crazy times! On the other hand, they don't have any technical information on the e-shop for it and you have to go to their official website again. But there again you won't find the compact data. It sucks :-D