• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prophet Compact .22/.177

These are really interesting me. Looking for a bottle gun and have it narrowed down to a V3, cricket tactical or the prophet compact. The PC seems the most versatile of them and also the lightest. I already have an R5m and a vet standard so want something different and versatile. Your comments about the PC knowing the guns you have had are pushing me ove the edge!

Lol well fortunately for you, I've literally owned every single one of those guns. Well Cricket II instead of Tac but similar minus the bottle. So depends on what your wanting. If you want tons of shots per fill the V3 and Cricket are obviously the top choice there. But there not little guns the V3 is a hefty gun same with Kalibrguns. What I love about the Prophet Compact is it's a lightweight, easy to adjust and tune, and the height of it is a much smaller profile making it an excellent gun to pest with and great truck gun. 

For me personally I'd honestly put them in this order for me. Including your Vet and R5M. Oh all mine were .22.

1. Prophet Compact: this gun has quickly risen to my top spot of what I've needed/wanted in a PCP on the farm. Tactical style meaning no wood to get banged up. Big plus to me. But not for everyone.

2. R5M

3. Taipan Veteran Short (barely 3rd as I just really loved my R5M) 

4. V3: amazing shooter, cocking not quite as nice as Uragan. Alittle too big for my liking.

5. Cricket II: the cocking felt real clunky to me and just didn't shoulder well on me, shot very well though.

Screenshot_20220416-130626.1650153230.png

Strelok setup and verified!

Lol well fortunately for you, I've literally owned every single one of those guns. Well Cricket II instead of Tac but similar minus the bottle. So depends on what your wanting. If you want tons of shots per fill the V3 and Cricket are obviously the top choice there. But there not little guns the V3 is a hefty gun same with Kalibrguns. What I love about the Prophet Compact is it's a lightweight, easy to adjust and tune, and the height of it is a much smaller profile making it an excellent gun to pest with and great truck gun. 

For me personally I'd honestly put them in this order for me. Including your Vet and R5M. Oh all mine were .22.

1. Prophet Compact: this gun has quickly risen to my top spot of what I've needed/wanted in a PCP on the farm. Tactical style meaning no wood to get banged up. Big plus to me. But not for everyone.

2. R5M

3. Taipan Veteran Short (barely 3rd as I just really loved my R5M) 

4. V3: amazing shooter, cocking not quite as nice as Uragan. Alittle too big for my liking.

5. Cricket II: the cocking felt real clunky to me and just didn't shoulder well on me, shot very well though.

Very useful breakdown, thank you!

I think it will be nice to have the ability to tune and change caliber easily in a compact platform.

Have you found a good tune for Hades? Mine just throws a lot of fliers with them. Orion is having good success with his Compact "Prototype" at 885 but mine isn't stable at that speed though he may have a different twist rate than our 17.7s? I pulled the hammer weight out of mine yesterday and played with some different tunes but the SD was all over the place so I put the weight back in. I suspect the weight is there for shooting heavier 18s because I get very good SD numbers with 18s.

You know I haven't owned Hades in a long time. Bought a few tins when they first came out and did well. After awhile people started having issues with them and I never bought any more.

At the moment I have 20 tins of JSB/FX/AA variants of the 15.9gr pellets. 2 of the 18gr JSBs. Then 2 tins of FX 25.39 RDMs and a sleeve of FX Hybrids coming today. Then have one half tin of 21gr .217 H&N slugs and 300 17.5gr .2165 NSAs. Oh and a tin of CPHPs I'm gonna test for accuracy also I just found.

15.9gr are just stupid accurate at 890fps. That'll be my main go to combo. Regs at 110bar and HS flush. 

I'm on the search now for something with better BC. Ive sized some NSA 17.5gr to .216, .215 and .214 to test how they'll fit with the barrel. Might try the 20.2gr also.

I'm interested in venturing into .177 slugs but how this guns shooting I don't think I want to ever pull the barrel out of it lol.

RTI must use hammer springs from various suppliers or have a lot of variation in the springs. My HS is sticking out beyond flush by about 5/16” to shoot 15.9s at 890 with the reg set at 110 bar.

You know that's a good question. If I had mine backed that far I'd have no pellet come out probably. I did however add the plenum to it so could be why? Idk.

I now set it to 120bar after playing with it to 150bar today. Got to 44fpe with 25.39gr. They did very very good. Nice to know it'll shoot those well. Now have it set at 905fps with 16gr. It maxed at 945fps there. Previously set at 110bar it maxed at 910. Turns out after breaking in the gun settled at 875fps.