Prophet butt pad

IMG_0674.1631221794.jpg
IMG_0673.1631221912.jpg

Well, don't know if this will work. Never uploaded a pic on a forum in my life. If it posts, then I'll give a follow up.

And now that it worked, heres what I made for a butt pad for the RTI Prophet I got from Tony @ Talon Tunes. I really liked the rifle except for the ability to shoulder it. It sucked. So I took some dimensions off my others and this is what I came up with. I actually made an adjustable pad from aluminum first then when I determined what was comfortable for placement I went ahead and made one from delrin plastic I found on ebay. It makes this gun SO nice to shoot. It's a 22. Only have a tin through it but I liked it enough to break the bank and buy a Hawke Frontier scope. And hunting season is just around the corner. This is gonna be fun.

John

So just out of curiosity, what height do you Prophet owners have for your scope rings. That's was a huge driving factor behind the pad. If I went up more with the scope then for me it might have been good enough to get away with. Seen as I all ready have a riser on the rail I decided to go the long route and make the pad. Glad I did. But, I will not tell you the time involved to make it. The learning curve was tough.

John

My rings are medium with the BugBuster 3-9 x32.

The cheek weld, which I am accustomed to, is forward of the mag and leaves the magazine behind and under my ear. It works and a few hundred starling can't testify to that ;).

Now knowing what happens with eye-relief I may just make a butt pad dropper and not increase LOP. The gun is quite great right now but NO HARM in experimenting with ergonomics!!! Could put high mount under the BugBuster but I've already been on a vehicle and camera spending spree, oh Zeiss binoculars too.

Actually, MikeH, the whole time this was going on I was thinking of how to streamline the process. And I might be able to do that. My first thought was that it might be more cost effective for the 3d printer crowd to produce this. But not knowing anything about 3d printing I cant say. I would be willing to share any dimension info with anyone who has a Prophet. As far as the one I made, there are imperfections. The camera is good at hiding mistakes. All be it small, they are there. Also, this was my first experience with machining Delrin. And I'm not a machinist. Small fabrication business is my game. Also had to drill and tap the stock butt stock to accept the new one. All that being said I will look at re-programing the milling process this weekend and see what I come up with.

View attachment 169262View attachment 169277

Well, don't know if this will work. Never uploaded a pic on a forum in my life. If it posts, then I'll give a follow up.
I just bought my 1st PCP - RTI Performance COMPACT - and also having trouble shouldering it. If I get the RTI's flat butt plate well into my shoulder, I have to crank my head over, way beyond comfortable, to look thru the scope. Looks like your design will cure that. ARE YOU SELLING THE BUTT PADS YET?
Bill R