• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Prophet: air coming out trigger adjustment hole?

That’s very interesting that it’s happening with your Prophet. When the original Priest came out, there was a hammer issue. Guys cut a relief in the hammer to stop it. The Priest ll had a factory mod that stopped it. I never noticed any air escaping and I had mine cranked up pretty good for a while. The hammer is essentially a piston when it’s in action. Personally, I would pull the butt plate and see what kind of lube is in there and if it’s acting like a set of rings on that piston. Clean everything up and use a dry lube on the spring, hammer and weight/guide. When you look inside the tunnel the hammer rides in, you’ll see the little escape cut that leads to where you’re feeling it. Unless they changed something.

I figured it wasnt out of the ordinary. I pulled the side plate and looks like it was from the hammer area. So far I love the little gun. I do believe this will be my keeper that replaces my Taipan Veteran Short!

I think I will pull the thing just to see what it is. There's lots of lube on things on the gun like the cocking lever and trigger group area behind the side plate. Haven't had any issues though I can tell with any consistency. Very good strings over the chrony with it. But will pull it just cause why not to see.

I just stripped mine down, cleaned it up and reassembled. I wiped all the oil off, and lightly moly greased all the moving parts except the hammer. I also polished some parts to smooth the cocking a bit. I cleaned and polished the hammer and spring and dry lubed with moly powder. I’ll get some shots through it in the next few days, but have already noticed some improvement. This is a full size prophet. I’m glad you’re diggin your new gun Dylan!

So I tried it lefty and can barely feel anything. Don't think you hafta worry! 

And yes shooting JSB variants in the 15.9gr. Was shooting JSB. Have 2-3 tins left but the last one I opened has I'd say 50% with dented skirts. I've got a dozen of the FX 15.9gr and opened one of those and there shooting great. Still a few tins of the AA 16gr also but haven't shot them through it.

when i had my compact i put the power plenum or whatever rti calls it, i figured why not it was a cheap part to buy from aoa, 16 gr at 890 ish i think i was getting 70 shots on a 270 bar fill 105-110 reg like Dylan said it helps with that ping my full size i still have and regs at 110 bar 300 cc fx bottle its getting over 110 shots a fill great little guns gun has zero ping in it also 

Back to the air coming from the trigger adjustment hole…as Dillon mentioned. I didn’t notice it on my Priest 2, but it’s definitely there on the Prophet Performance. On my Priest, I added a piece of 1/8” self adhesive neoprene on either side of the mag well, for comfort. I will do the same on the Prophet and see if it helps. I did put a piece of tape on the top of the receiver and that helped a fair amount. I think some air may be coming from the hole for the sear pin on top, but I’ll have to determine exactly where it’s coming from.