Prophet 3 Performance with a life changing events

Okay several things going on in my life, one a couple of new firearms purchases the last 2 months, engaged and the Prophet 3 Performance in 22 cal came, last two are the change. Well all of them, life is about change and additions.

Originally I was going to go with the P3 Performance Compact, but I had a phone chat with Alex of Air Rifle Activities and he made the rational the standard version will be more versatile. I can always modular down to compact if I want.

I got the gun two weeks ago, but the next day I flew to The Netherlands for training and to see my girlfriend, now fiancee. She is amazing, speaks 6 languages, studying a masters in PT and has a heart of gold, my friends in The Netherlands love her. And she has a cool ass yorkie named Pepper. We have started the process for her to move to USA, but glaciers move faster, so lets see how it goes.

The Prophet 3 is another story, it is built for purpose. When comparing it to my P1 several things stand out beyond the obvious changes in design. One is it is more refined with better metal work. To sum up the fit and finish is better, and it comes with a cool new t-shirt.

As you can see the rifle came set at 90 bar, and I have put a couple hades through it to get a "feel" and the mean fpe was 31 ft/lbs at 930 fps, this ia bit fast for hades, so I am going to try some 18 grainers along with 25 grain when they come in. I have slugs too.

Published power range of the gun is from 32 to 65 fpe. At 32 the shot count is 170 according to the data. :oops: and a while back I bought a RTI Hush suppressor, well, it lives up to its name, the gun is for sure quieter than my Ranger which is shooting almost half the energy as the P3.

RTI knows how to build a quality gun, that is for sure, and like any manufactures they have their lessons learned and RTI learns from their missteps. Ps let me report that later.

IMG_8383.jpeg
IMG_8387.jpeg

Thanks guys the quality of the gun is great and it's nice that RTI "rounded" the edges, it makes it more refined. The cheek rest is good too, plus from the limited firing I have done the Hush suppressor works great.
They indeed are nice as I had one for a minute in .30. What RTI does need to do to make me revisit one & I would in a second is a nice factory cover to go over the bottom of both side plates from grip on back. Or redesign the side plates to include a bottom cover. RTI is very responsive to customers & hopefully they address this in future. This is something that might only bother me & most are probably fine with it. Other then that for me these are excellent airguns & well worth the $
Joe

Okay, I decided to mount the Atlas bipod and yes I do need the RTI rail extension for sure. Also, the rings are too low with new ones in the mail. However, you can get a view of what Shadow 2 will look like once everything is put together.

Gun: Prophet 3 Performance in 22 cal
Suppressor: RTI Hush
Bipod: Accu-Shot Atlas
Scope: Vector Optics Veyron 4x16 Gen 2 ILR

Tomorrow I will go shoot groups with what I have in house. Also some 25 grain JSB redesigned are ordered from UTA.

IMG_8534.jpeg

Nice rifle!

The only thing I really don't like about my Prophet 2 is no cheek rest! My cheek lands right on top of the magazine and a small puff of air squirts into my face with every shot. I will have to figure out some kind of cheek rest for my P2 like the one on the P3 before I will be comfortable with it.

Though I haven't noticed any problems with it, the thin picatinny rail hanging out in the air on both models is way too thin. I can see it move when pushing down on the front end.

Last edited:
Well first off... Congrats on your engagement.. I wish you well. I found my soal mate years ago... she's such a blessing!
I'll be watching for your take on the P3... I have the P1's (prophet and prophet compacts) and enjoy them like none other.. if the 3 is that much better.... I'll have to have it too...
...you have chosen well...mr Blackpaw!!!

Reactions: Dairyboy