• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prophet 25 caliber

I have a P , 25 Prophet , Not sure about slugs as all of my shooting is at 48 yards, Unless I go to the deer cabin,,

After about 500 pellets I cleaned my barrel, Now I cleaned the barrel when I got the gun and it was a mess. I just shot the best group I have ever shot , Five shots 48 yards and I am talking same hole, I had to stop as the pellets (28gr JSB) were going through my hard wood 2x6 and hitting the metal back stop...

A picture is just a picture I really need a video showing the deed, Oh well some day..

This was off my gun bipod and a sand bag at the rear, Now I like my prophet its in the line up with my Veterans, Mutants, Vulcans and Cricket but it just jumped to the front of the pack

I am very impressed with this gun, So easy to work on and a very simple made gun , Accurate oh my this gun is dead on.... WOW, factor 10

Mike

Mike,

What's the JSB 28gr? I have the 25gr King and the heavy in 33.95gr but I don't know about those 28gr. I'm shooting the 25gr and with the CZ barrel of the Priest I'm noticing they are hard to dial in. I was shooting them at 900fps but I was getting spirals, I lowered the speed to 820fps and I'm having my doubts about accuracy, when I tested them was windy, something unusual around here.

I think my gun prefer heavier pellets, but with the low power tune I might be interested in testing those 28gr you mentioned! 

Orion you getting spirals at 50 yards?

My gun is shooting real close to 920FPS, My regulator is at 130psi, I adjusted my H spring up to 1000 FPS Then adjusted back down to 920 

LOL on the 28 gr pellets had the tin setting right here and just typed didn't look,

JSB Exact King 25.39.

I have a few tins of the 33 gr pellets just have not tried them I find something it likes and I like I stick with it for a while.

That's why I bought a Prophet and not the other brand I am low maintenance and I do not like opening my gun up a lot ,

I do like to shoot super accurate.

Airgunmike. Thinking of getting the prophet what are your thoughts on it. Getting ready to retire and would like a good hobbie. I am new to air rifles but not powder burners. I know the up front costs will be high, compressor croney (sp) and mostly the rifle its self. I have been researching for about a year. I keep coming back to the RTI prophet. I would like to shoot long distance and hunt a bit. How is yours holding up etc. I don't mind spending the money for a nice product. I would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks. 

Cruz, I researched for about a year just like you before getting into this hobby. I was down to the Veteran and the RTI Priest 2 and ended up getting the Priest (Oct 19) because it checked off a few more items on my check list: upfront cocking and on the left side, don't have to look down the barrel to read the pressure gauge, higher shot count, better balance (the bore line sits much closer to where you grip the gun), picatinny rail near the trigger guard so it mounts to the my tripod at mid gun, secondary foster if you want to remove the main tank, interchangeable barrels, no stock to worry about scratching up, and RTI's reputation for good customer service etc... 

However the Veteran has many pro's also. I don't think you will have any regrets with either of them... 

OK RTI guys 

If your shooting the 25 caliber like I am ( high power Prophet) and shooting the 25.39 gr pellets at 920 FPS and your getting some of the best groups you have ever got, Now that would be me, But I have a few tins of 33.95 grs (JSB) setting around from my 25 Cricket days....I loaded up five pellets in a clip and let them fly at 48 yards, Now I just started using sand bags on the rear of my guns and a tripod on the front, Only the sand bag is new,,,,Well I went through a tin of 300 pellets pretty quick, Lots of dead eye targets , plastic army men, Marbles that are just dust, So cool the 33.95 gr JSBs are the pellet for the prophet, The many tins of JSB 25.39 gr will have to go to my Veteran 25, DAM, I am thinking I must have the most accurate guns on AGN.... But to me accuracy is nothing with out reliability , I been in the PCP sport for 10 years and only once had a gun fixed and that's because I screwed in the hammer spring all the way, NOT even a O ring has failed me....Nothing wrong with gun he just unscrewed the hammer spring, 

In the sport big time.

Mike

I bring my RTI to hunting camp. This year is might be used for a little heavy work on some animals so I built a FX superior barrel in .25 for it. I planned to use a 26-30gr slug. During some down time because of Zeta I cleaned this joker off a barn roof at 88yrds with a hybrid. Nothing fancy, just good guns. 
3FDDF1C9-DB0B-4E77-A400-C0375EC446E0.1604440606.png

I just installed new rings on the Prophet to get the focus and scope sitting back further, With the other rings my cheek fell right on the Magazine.

Now with the scope sitting back further I have not tried the high capacity magazine, I was checking out different pellets , I was only shooting five pellets at a time, That's how I came across the JSB 34 gr pellets , I stopped just can't shoot any better than one hole groups , No flyers at all.

More testing coming.

Mike 

Yes, To me the RTI brand stands for quality, Simple not a thousand O'Rings, Easy to work on even for a all thumbs guy like me, Next and the biggest is no need to work on them, That's what I like about my guns so far 10 years into the PCP sport none of my guns have even had a seal O'Ring go out, It will happen but after 10 years I am a happy air gunner .......

Mike