• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prophet 2 Valve leak issues

A good few people on several continent's are still experiencing problems, you say it's fixed!

Simple solution, all the original valves should be replaced, next time you visit the RTI factory get a list of where the early P2 were delivered to.
Nothing too much to ask?
Sir, I don't work for RTI. And yes, it is possible, cause we are not talking about bread, but about pcp. Sometimes they stay on the shelves for months/years. So, for all the people that you know have problems with the balanced valve, say them that first of all, they have to ask to their dealer. If the dealer is not... responsive, proceed with RTI. If they don't have the right spare part right now, a bit of patience and waiting will be the best solution.

Reactions: JungleShooter
thats prety crazy must be a problem with few guns that sent out early maybe
This my gun that 10WALL is talking about. When the gun first started leaking I emailed RTI and told them what was going on. They said it sounds like a valve problem. and they sent me a new valve that fixed the leak at the time,
Now 500+ shots later the gun is leaking again. they can not send me a new valve because they do not have any in stock.
I would sure hate to know I was going to have to replace the valve that often

This my gun that 10WALL is talking about. When the gun first started leaking I emailed RTI and told them what was going on. They said it sounds like a valve problem. and they sent me a new valve that fixed the leak at the time,
Now 500+ shots later the gun is leaking again. they can not send me a new valve because they do not have any in stock.
I would sure hate to know I was going to have to replace the valve that often

By chance was it fired with the cocking lever to the rear? I watched a video on YouTube where the person said that his Prophet 2 started leaking after pulling the trigger with the cocking lever to the rear.

By chance was it fired with the cocking lever to the rear? I watched a video on YouTube where the person said that his Prophet 2 started leaking after pulling the trigger with the cocking lever to the rear.
I’ve personally never had this cause a leak. If you’ve ever shoot NRL22 or a PRS match you’ll probably try shooting the gun with the bolt open a few times. As they require you to open the bolt as you move through the stages.

I just read in a YouTube comment that the P3 is still getting a leaking valve. It doesn’t seem like much trouble to change out. I just pre ordered one from AOA and I'm a little worried now lol. I wish Gregor would have done a more detailed re-assembly video.
I’m not worried about it! I’m at over 1000 +shoots on my p3. And no problems. Now I think about it. I’d bet I but close to 1000 shoot at RMAC alone.
Mont

Reactions: Geezerhood
I’ve personally never had this cause a leak. If you’ve ever shoot NRL22 or a PRS match you’ll probably try shooting the gun with the bolt open a few times. As they require you to open the bolt as you move through the stages.

Thanks! It didn't make sense to me that doing that could cause the valve to start leaking, though in one video I watched a P2 started leaking right after doing just that and the same exact thing happened to me. I guess it was just a coincidence both times. I am sure I have done it a few times before and nothing happened. In the video they took the valve out and put the same one back in - no leaking.

I’m not worried about it! I’m at over 1000 +shoots on my p3. And no problems. Now I think about it. I’d bet I but close to 1000 shoot at RMAC alone.
Mont
Sounds good, it looks rather easy to fix anyways. I love the simplicity of the rifle.