• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prophet 2 RTI ARM .30 Knockout Slugs 50.15GR

I have made this silencer. Round 50mm carbon. Glued threaded aluminium in with JB-weld. Weights around 150grams. Very quit. Did not measure the DB’s jet.

this one is for testing. I want to make more, for sell.
819F9A74-4648-4DF9-A442-BB340D1B1CFA.jpeg
CC28EE29-04E3-4046-B38C-62EBCF9E8E5C.jpeg
171391C6-00C6-45AD-A865-C61A0EE574DB.jpeg
2506D234-9D01-49E2-A667-C1C84B42D23F.jpeg

So what barrel is this? Polygone?
The .30 LW barrels that are RTI standard?
It is a standard polygone barrel from Lothar & Walther. With a round hole for transfer the air. I have removed the sharp edges from the transferport before mounting.
I have also the RPB .22 barrel. The big opening is scratching lead of the bullets. I have rounded that corners to. Now it is good.
I am not sure about the big opening. RTI doesn’t have a substantiation for the big holes. The book ‘Airgun from trigger to target’ describes that the transferport in the barrel has to be a little bit smaller than the innerdiameter of the barrel. It helps the air move more gradually. But…., the Prophet has an assisted valve in it. Maybe that changes the story.

Last edited:
Reactions: robbos and Spinach
It is a standard polygone barrel from Lothar & Walther. With a round hole for transfer the air. I have removed the sharp edges from the transferport before mounting.
I have also the RPB .22 barrel. The big opening is scratching lead of the bullets. I have rounded that corners to. Now it is good.
I am not sure about the big opening. RTI doesn’t have a substantiation for the big holes. The book ‘Airgun from trigger to target’ describes that the transferport in the barrel has to be a little bit smaller than the innerdiameter of the barrel. It helps the air move more gradually. But…., the Prophet has an assisted valve in it. Maybe that changes the story.
I’ve been wondering about the transfer port size as well. I have an RPB barrel in my Prophet 1, and so far accuracy seems great, but that transfer port is a ridiculous mismatch size-wise. I can’t imagine how that large of a port is necessary, as nearly half of the circumference of the barrel has been milled away…very odd indeed.

I’ve been wondering about the transfer port size as well. I have an RPB barrel in my Prophet 1, and so far accuracy seems great, but that transfer port is a ridiculous mismatch size-wise. I can’t imagine how that large of a port is necessary, as nearly half of the circumference of the barrel has been milled away…very odd indeed.
I am happy with the .30 inlet. Not sure about the RPB

The inlet is almost 7mm, 6,9mm. Same size as the transferport.
When pushing a pellet in with a 4mm skirt it looks like the picture below. The skirt of a JSB JUMBO is 3mm. Should be alright.

20230405_095232.jpg

20230405_095845.jpg

I was speaking of this transfer portView attachment 345923
The size of the inlet is very huge indeed. I have noticed when pushing in a slug or pellet it scrapes lead. So I have removed the sharp edges.
I am planning to tidy the barrel a litte. So I don't have to push the pellet hard with the pelletpusher.

I would rather make the inlet like a v-shape.

I have the question asked at RTI. Why is the inlet this size? Does it has to do something with the assisted valve?

Scott, can you tell me how fast you are shooting on wich pressure?

20230405_145510.jpg
20230405_145502.jpg
20230405_145456.jpg

My reg is about 130-135 bar. I’m sending 25.4 grain pellets in the low 900’s, and 21 grain Javelins 960-970. I will need more Javelins to really nail down a tune, but I believe I will ultimately shoot pellets. There is a fine line where frustration overcomes the fun factor, and pellets can do some amazing things way easier and more often.

Simon,

105FPE are a lot of power from an airgun. Cool. 👍🏼

Tell me more about how the gun feels and acts when you shoot: What about the recoil — especially if you were filming with a scopecam?

How long is your silencer? Diameter 5cm (2"), right?

Thanks, 😊

Matthias
The Prophet is amazing. I like the design and minimalism. The cocking can be better. I have made a video about the mechanism improvements.
The pelletpusher has a bolt with an iron bush. When cocking that bush rounds the corner before going down. Also when shooting minimal movement backwards. In the end that result in damage the chassis. I have replaced the iron bolt for a nylon.
The valve is replaced for the new design. That resolves the leaking.
When shooting with big pellets and a lot pressure the gun feels good. There is recoil but not to much. What you would expect with this adjustment. It feels good shooting power like that. Breaking stuff. Just hold on with your shoulder. Place the prophet on a good bag or statief.
The trigger is great. Very light and precise. Good adjustable. I don’t have a scoop cam. Jet. When I do, sure, I make a video.
Shooting the first time after a while, pressure has build up a little. The first pellets shooting faster after the pressure drops, the shots are constant. Re do the regulator with polishing plates does fix until a little bit. Perhaps the new spring regulator is the way to go. Knowing this is ok. Every gun has know hows.
Loading bullets is easy. Speedloading. Wrap a paper around the magazine. 15cm x 4cm. Lay in the bullets. Shake and they fall into the holes. Push a little or drop the magazine from a little height. The bullets are sealed better in the magazine. If not, a bullet can go wrong when cocking. Or fall out.
The silencer is 5cm x 17,6cm. Open on the inside. I am working on ideas for improvements. Got the right tools now. I will make a video about that also.
If any questions feel free to ask.
Simon

69800059211__762C97D1-A753-4EB0-8199-58F73099799C.jpeg

Last edited: