• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prophet 2 new valve up date

I installed the new V4 valve tonight. While I was at it, I removed the wheezing check valve. Regulator refresh rate is way quicker and no more wheezing. The V4 valve is a great fit and seems to be much smoother than the V3. If you have an asthmatic P2, do yourself a favor and remove that check valve.
Removed it from my P1... I had no idea what cause it until I stumbled across it on a RTI Facebook group thing...

Where is this "wheezing check valve" and what does it look like? How do I tell if mine is a wheezer?

My old style valve failed this week after less than 200 pellets fired. I replaced the two O-Rings but it still leaks slowly out the port / barrel. Hoping to have a replacement new style valve soon.
If you get hung up getting a valve, I have a spare from Monty I’ll send to you.

I agree with the great service RTI provides. I bought a second hand P2. I’ve been in email communication with Rok for the past month. He has been more than generous in making sure I have all the parts necessary to make my P2 shine. I’m very thankful that I am going to be able to get my hands on this new valve. Rok has for me in the mail a couple rebuild kits, a new check valve from the P3 (hopefully will clear up the wheezing), new regulator internals (I’m told the very latest version), and a very special gift I will refrain from revealing. I don’t want to make you all jealous… All airguns are prone to problems. Hell, anything with moving parts is prone to problems. It’s the service that counts for me. If in the end I’m left with a $1800 paper weight, I know RTI will still make it right. They got that part of business down pretty well. I’ve been frustrated as hell with them, but their great customer service has always calmed me down. Did I mention great customer service?
The P3 I had, had no wheezing..
Joe

Reactions: JungleShooter
If you get hung up getting a valve, I have a spare from Monty I’ll send to you.

Thanks Scotty1. I contacted the factory and they said they are sending me one.

Where are the O-ring sizes listed for the one that goes inside the stainless steel top piece and the one on the valve, or could someone please post them here?

I’ll measure my o-rings when I can. I believe the inner one is 90 duro.
Thanks! Please see if they match what I found in the video. The ones I had on hand were close, but the originals were pretty deformed so I couldn't measure them. The one I put in the stainless balance piece was too big as it blocked the free movement of the spring. I don't have any on hand that are what the poster stated in his video, 7:45 right at the end. I will be ordering extras.

O-Rings for the valve and the stainless assist deal. OLD VALVE. Part #60 would be the same, part #55 might not be.

#60 Steel Balance tube O-ring is 5.5x1.5mm (Isn't the proper designation 1.5mmx5.5mm? Cross Section x Inner Diameter) I found some of these on theoringstore.com, Buna N 90 Duro for 15 cents

#55 Valve O-Ring is 4x1mm ( 1mmx4mm ) Not finding any of these in a 90 Duro, but the same place has them in Buna N 70 Duro for 7 cents. The old O-ring definitely was not N-90.

1687741265389.png

Last edited:
Just repaired a valve leak on my second P2P. I have a long-range Performance and a Compact Performance. The compact started dumping air due to valve leaking.

Rok was amazing in giving guidance. He said that he would send me a new valve & It’s on its way. However, me wanting to fix the problem immediately I decided to order the new valve from Spain and Airguns of Arizona. I ended up having two new valves on top of the one coming from RTI.

Just to make sure I put a bore scope to check the surface of the breach seal flange and it looked that it had some anodizing left on it. It is supposed to be smooth and polished. Airguns of Arizona and Rok said that it could benefit from polishing. How do you polish the breach flange in there? So, I asked Rok and he sent me a sketch of a tool for me to make on my lathe, and so I did.

I then polished the breach flange from 400 all the way to 3000 gr. Changed to the new valve assembly and a new valve spring. Removed the check valve and inserted a steel ball in its place. Rok also sent me an updated regulator while back.

Oh boy did those changes make a difference! Now it is holding pressure and the spread is less that 7fps for the first 50 shots I fired. No asthmatic wheezing, fast cycling, and a five shot group gives a 6mm center to center at 30 yards on a bench.

I am happy now. Rok has been amazing in providing guidance on how to resolve the issue. He has been responding to my emails the next day and his attitude has been nothing but positive and encouraging. He said, “I’ll send you the new valve and if that does not fix it will send you a new breach block”. Either way I had confidence that would not have an expensive paper weight.

I am with the group of people that believe that excellent customer service, with fast part turnaround, and desire to resolve issues expeditiously will win all the time. I too have bought products from other main brand air rifle manufacturers were it took weeks to get an email response and for parts….

image (7).jpg

20230826_231919.jpg

20230826_231432.jpg

20230828_185245 (1).jpg

Untitled.jpg

Last edited: