Prophet 2 new valve up date

I have some wonderful news I’d love to share with everyone. RTI has been working on improving the assist valve in the Prophet2.
This year I had the wonderful opportunity to go to IWA in Nuremberg, Germany. While in Germany, I got to meet the incredible talented people of RTI. In our conversation, I asked them they were aware that the valves on the Prophet2 was experiencing problems. In fact they were, their lead designer shared their prototype valve design with me. I have to admit, I liked the design. Now, three weeks latter I received a package from RTI yesterday with the new valves.
This valve is going to be very easy to replace. It fits exactly in the same way that the original valve fits. The improved design benefited with a stronger material, new sealing ring locater, o-ring placement and spring centering point.
image.jpg

New valve

image.jpg
image.jpg

Here’s a picture of gen2, gen3, and now gen4.
Gen1 the only difference between gen2 is the hole size in the balance. The gen 1 has a larger hole. The smaller hole improves the dwell timing of the valve opening on the higher power guns.
If you’re experiencing problems with your valve. Please fill free to reach out to me. They sent me a few extra valves. I’d be more the happy to share my good fortune.
Mont

Last edited:
Interesting. All these manufacturers should get these things worked out before they get into the end user's hands.

It's great that they are improving though. What none of us should be happy about, is buying a high end PCP and then becoming the beta tester!
I agree but the world has changed.

RTI are still a relatively young and developing company, without sales they cannot develop or continue. The viscous circle.

What I can say with positivity, RTI listen to customers, act then resolve, as fast as possible. Customer service is excellent. Constant development etc.

I'm one of those beta testers, funded by my own money. Simply because I like RTI.

After years of owning Daystate and Air arms, often waiting up to 6 months for consumable parts etc. RTI, for me are a breath of fresh air.

Happy to spend my money with RTI.

Just my personal perspective 😉

I agree but the world has changed.

RTI are still a relatively young and developing company, without sales they cannot develop or continue. The viscous circle.

What I can say with positivity, RTI listen to customers, act then resolve, as fast as possible. Customer service is excellent. Constant development etc.

I'm one of those beta testers, funded by my own money. Simply because I like RTI.

After years of owning Daystate and Air arms, often waiting up to 6 months for consumable parts etc. RTI, for me are a breath of fresh air.

Happy to spend my money with RTI.

Just my personal perspective 😉
You are an exception.

I don’t care how young the company is. They CAN test their own products for several months before release. I know folks that had their Prophet 2 for less than a month and the assisted-valve failed. This should not happen.

You are an exception.

I don’t care how young the company is. They CAN test their own products for several months before release. I know folks that had their Prophet 2 for less than a month and the assisted-valve failed. This should not happen.
Mine failed before I even fired a pellet, 2 or 3 dry shots only.
RTI sorted everything, collection, courier, return etc.
Not many companies have that customer service, I'm happy to be the exception, based upon experience.
Again, my personal perspective.

Mine failed before I even fired a pellet, 2 or 3 dry shots only.
RTI sorted everything, collection, courier, return etc.
Not many companies have that customer service, I'm happy to be the exception, based upon experience.
Again, my personal perspective.
I’m glad you’re happy. RTI should hire you.

Reactions: Spinach
I’m an RTI fan. Just knowing the nature of bv’s (having built several of my own design), I skipped on the p2 because I knew they would have pains. I think they have done a good job of addressing the issue. I believe they tested a prototype and had good success but the breakdown happened between there and production.

I’ll continue to believe in RTI, they seem to be a really good outfit.

Dave

You are an exception.

Derrick, I completely understand your point, you are absolutely correct ALL manufacturers shoul Not use the end user as a beta tester.
You and I are good friends so please do Not take the following statement personal.

I recently purchased a P2 Tuned By Francisco 2.0 RTI gun, the gun has been nothing but exceptional and i now have at least 3500 rounds through it..
True the gun does have the "latest" valve up until the Newest gen 4 .. so Gen 3 ??.. Lol

So yes i am happy with the gun out of the box, it does have the inherent "wheezing" after a shot, but to this point that shows zero ill effects..

I know i have rambled on a bit and here is my point, even some of the Oldest names in our hobby, hmm, hmm, Daystate have updated parts.
I know you know Exactly what i am referring to (delta wolf/alpha wolf) ..
The difference between what RTI has done and said with the admission of guilt on their valve and being public about it goes much farther with me as a consumer than the way Daystate has gone about it....

Again not saying you don't have a legit point, just adding a little context to the conversation..
Peace brother!

Derrick, I completely understand your point, you are absolutely correct ALL manufacturers shoul Not use the end user as a beta tester.
You and I are good friends so please do Not take the following statement personal.

I recently purchased a P2 Tuned By Francisco 2.0 RTI gun, the gun has been nothing but exceptional and i now have at least 3500 rounds through it..
True the gun does have the "latest" valve up until the Newest gen 4 .. so Gen 3 ??.. Lol

So yes i am happy with the gun out of the box, it does have the inherent "wheezing" after a shot, but to this point that shows zero ill effects..

I know i have rambled on a bit and here is my point, even some of the Oldest names in our hobby, hmm, hmm, Daystate have updated parts.
I know you know Exactly what i am referring to (delta wolf/alpha wolf) ..
The difference between what RTI has done and said with the admission of guilt on their valve and being public about it goes much farther with me as a consumer than the way Daystate has gone about it....

Again not saying you don't have a legit point, just adding a little context to the conversation..
Peace brother!
RTI, Daystate, Airgun Technology, Kalibrgun, FX; name them all. None should send a platform out that hasn’t been extensively tested.

Many of these established manufacturers have tried and tested products, but still send out problematic products.
I have a few.
Air arms, Daystate, kalibrgun I still own. All have had problems, often months to get a part or solution.

RTI, communication and follow up is excellent.

When I lived in the UK I waited over six months for parts for a Daystate. Even the shop I purchased from could not get parts.
Expensive desk ornament it was.

RTI, development, second to none, customer support excellent.

How many many manufacturers would admit to 4 valve upgrades in such a short time?

That would lead to libel cases, you sold me a defective product, you admit because you changed it. yes no?

The honestly I've experienced with RTI, is a breath of fresh air. Long may it continue.

I apologize to all those who may not agree with my RTI positive tone but for me, after years of shooting high cost, heavily hyped air rifles, RTI deliver.

I agree with the great service RTI provides. I bought a second hand P2. I’ve been in email communication with Rok for the past month. He has been more than generous in making sure I have all the parts necessary to make my P2 shine. I’m very thankful that I am going to be able to get my hands on this new valve. Rok has for me in the mail a couple rebuild kits, a new check valve from the P3 (hopefully will clear up the wheezing), new regulator internals (I’m told the very latest version), and a very special gift I will refrain from revealing. I don’t want to make you all jealous… All airguns are prone to problems. Hell, anything with moving parts is prone to problems. It’s the service that counts for me. If in the end I’m left with a $1800 paper weight, I know RTI will still make it right. They got that part of business down pretty well. I’ve been frustrated as hell with them, but their great customer service has always calmed me down. Did I mention great customer service?

I can only confirm that both points of view are correct, but if i have to choose between a company with an higher QC and a company with a better customers service, i will go second hands down. Problems will always happen, with every brands and every models. And the more we push the limits about power, the more we will have to be beta testers.

I agree with the great service RTI provides. I bought a second hand P2. I’ve been in email communication with Rok for the past month. He has been more than generous in making sure I have all the parts necessary to make my P2 shine. I’m very thankful that I am going to be able to get my hands on this new valve. Rok has for me in the mail a couple rebuild kits, a new check valve from the P3 (hopefully will clear up the wheezing), new regulator internals (I’m told the very latest version), and a very special gift I will refrain from revealing. I don’t want to make you all jealous… All airguns are prone to problems. Hell, anything with moving parts is prone to problems. It’s the service that counts for me. If in the end I’m left with a $1800 paper weight, I know RTI will still make it right. They got that part of business down pretty well. I’ve been frustrated as hell with them, but their great customer service has always calmed me down. Did I mention great customer service?
Correction: they did not send me a new check valve to stop the wheezing. Rok checked and I do not believe it was compatible. Anyone remove their check valve to stop the wheezing?

Reactions: SupremaRatio
I hate to tell you all, but regardless of the product. the end user is almost always the final step in beta testing.

I won't mention the manufacturer here, but I was a service manager for a dealer that sold commercial vehicles. I was also in a position to work with several engineers at more than a few manufactures.

These manufactures would develop a new engine. They would do in house testing and then send these engines out to an independent testing facility.
One that I had very much experience with was dyne tested at the well over the equivalent 500,000 miles. At that point they changed the engines ECU program to push the horsepower to the point where it would fail, the evaluate the failures so that the engineers could address the weaknesses.

That all sounds great, but in the real world this same engine had multiple failures that never occurred in the testing done by the OEM and the independent labs.

Never buy version 1.0, (or as I call it. 1. uh oh) of any product. Regardless of how well tested in the predelivery stages, the end user will still find unknown weaknesses.

I bought my RTI Prophet Performance just as the P 2 was becoming available. I suspected that the all new Prophet might have some issues, so I bought version 1 and have been quite happy with my decision.
I might buy a P3 in a year or two.

I got one of the 1st PP 2 compact in 22 caliber, I had a problem with a to tight barrel, I was sent another CZ barrel and I got that fixed myself, Now with all this Valve problems, So far mine has been ok, I really like the RTI guns and my PP 1 is like a rock.
I feel if I go ahead and order the RTI PP 3 the company will stand behind there product and keep me supplied with any parts I may need in the future , I am not a slug shooter but with all the hoopla the PP3 compact in 177 caliber might make a great slug platform.
Mike