• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet 1 with RPB barrel

I am sad RTI do not have a secret sauce for the .177 / 4.5 mm caliber, there you will just get some LW or CZ barrel.
At least as far as looking for their latest / pending offering, hell they dont even have a barrel offering in 700 mm, only 600 mm for us pea shooters.
RTI has yet to offer a 700mm barrel in any caliber to the gen public as far as I know. The last two barrels in .22 that they have come out with have been proprietary, and unique to RTI, I think? Both my LR and RPB barrels have been very good, and it’s somehow encouraging that they are solid, “real” barrels with no wandering POI.

Reactions: Spinach and jmohme
Ok so went back at it. 108 bar on the reg 20" CZ barrel shooting JSB 18s at 890 fps. Only switched barrels and 24" RPB barrel only gets 850s with same pellet. The pellet did seat harder with the RPB barrel. I noticed my probe oring was half gone so switched that out and got the same numbers from both barrels. Also added floss under the barrel orings to tighten the interface between the barrel and the receiver. I will slug them next to get an idea of the bore diameter.
I’m curious whether a higher reg pressure would yield different results. A shorter, higher pressure cycle could make a big difference … or not.