RTI Prophet 1 pinging

Not sure when my Prophet started pinging in the receiver. It wasn't doing it before but now I get a nasty ping after the shot cycle right below my ear. Tried a squished o-ring inside the hammer spring but it is not the hammer spring doing it. Not sure if it is the extra plenum when the air bounces around in there. It had a nice shot before but the ring is annoying and loud. Anyone else find a remedy for this?

maybe it can give you some ideas lol

if not the same scenario maybe Derrick ( zx10wall ) could help if you shoot him a pm. If remember correctly he used some rubber tubing that can be acquired at lowes or home depot .

If it is the spring you could possibly make a semi snug fitting spring guide out of peek or delrin material and insert it to counter / arrest the vibrations .
;).

Just guessing here of course , as I do not own one myself .

Haha, it is likely I have spoke to soon it would not be the first time :LOL:

The orrendous ping that P1 and old P2 have is due to the check valve (piece n° 56 if i remember well, check directly with RTI), now replaced by a steel ball compressed by a little spring. Check your gun, dismantle the old check valve and put the new one. Ask RTI to send it to you. If you need help with dismantling and replacing, knock on my door