Proper introduction

As most of you probably know I have been on this site a lot the last few months and I thought it was time to tell everyone a little more about me. First thank you Micheal for giving us this platform and thank you to all the members who share.

As a kid I of course had a Crossman ten pump rifle and pistol as those were pretty much required equipment to being a kid around here back then. Then many years ago I discovered a break barrel airgun a Diana RWA something and thought it was so cool that I could achieve better power, and accuracy with just one “pump”! I did a lot of plinking and Starling pesting with it. 

Then one day probably over 15 years ago (?) I went into a local gun store and they had an AirForce Talon on the the wall. I had never heard of PCP’s and didn’t know anything about them, but man I thought that was one cool looking gun. So I started learning about them, but still basically the PCP world only consisted of AirForce airguns. So after some time and money saving I ended up buying one AF Talon SS in .22 and one AF Comdor in .25, and a hand pump (this was back when I was younger and training for marathons so hand pumping wasn’t even really a workout) which I upgraded to a Omega Supercharger some years later (when I got fat and lazy). For quite a few years those were my airguns, but I had discovered (partially threw the old Yellow Forum) that other PCP’s existed, like FX and Daystate, and Edgun.
I eventually got myself an Edgun Lelya the first gen one to go with my AF’s. Those guns satisfied me for some more years, but there was a nagging…that switch from the old 10 pump Crossman to the break barrel seemed revolutionary, and then again the switch to PCP’s how cool it would be to have a repeater , not have to load a pellet between every shot, just shot cock and shoot again. And so FX’s and a few others began to deteriorate my defenses.

That brings us to last summer when I ordered my FX Impact M3 in .25 (once I get the heavy barrel it will be my slug gun) and for good measure also bought myself a couple Leshiys (both in .25, one scopes one open sights, I kind of missed the old days and the challenge of shooting the springer with iron sights) because if just cocking and shooting is good then how about skipping the whole cocking part and just shoot.

So I have a lot of years of experience with airguns, but in just a few platforms, so I fell like even though I have all those years I am not all that knowledgeable, not really a beginner, but still pretty novice. I spent a lot of months on this forum not as member just reading and then when I joined it was a little hard to start posting because I felt like I didn’t know much and would say something stupid and people would be like, “why is he commenting when he clearly is amateur.” You guys have been great though, so I got over that, I am pretty okay with saying stupid things now😂. Anyway that’s my story.

Welcome to the fold. Bunch of great people here. Sounds like you've got some pretty good history in airguns , I wouldn't call you a newbie. We are all at different levels of skill and or knowledge but from what I've seen here we all strive to polish that skill and continue to build that knowledge in a sport we enjoy. Hopefully we can keep it alive and pass it on to the next generations even better than it came to us.