• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Proper Hide Member Etiquette

33CAD389-F9D4-4E6D-9E74-5C1EFC51951C.1599188093.jpeg
Hello AGN members.

Have a thread that is a little different than my usual fun and games stuff. A while back I started a thread about the Hide Member function. At the time a lot of people where talking about using it on Yo (jokingly and not). Since then, while skidaddling through the pages, I have seen a recurrent use of this function in a way that is to me a faux pax at best. 

A good many times I see people openly saying that they are going to Hide someone to their face, like a last jab, and then presumably click the Hide function as to run away and not hear the response from the person they notified. This behavior is a bit odd, petty, and in the most honest appraisal conceited. Think about it. Say Columbo Hide Members @270windude (cool dude btw) for example, but before I do I publicly announce it to him that I am Hiding him. Doing this reveals that I believe all he has to do here is merely exist for the sake of interactions or views from my profile, and me telling him I am Hiding him (dreaded air quotes) must be equivalent in my mind to banishing him to the place where darkness and gnashing of teeth exists. The whole thought process of the Hider who Hides and Tells is that of a conceited coward.

No. In reality telling someone you are Hiding them is just a cowards way to dish out what they can’t take themselves, and beneath the standards we should strive for: treating people that annoy us with civility.

If you want to play peekaboo by putting your head in the sand for the rest of your time here, use some prudence with the Hide Member function and just click it without announcing it to the world. Nobody will know, the same outcome will be achieved, and you will be the better man for not trafficking in pettiness.

Just my 2cents from how I’ve seen people roll with it. I could be wrong. I have nothing against someone using the function as much as they want to Hide and augment their AGN reality, but just use some proper internet etiquette while doing so.

Peace 

-Lt Columbo

There are people who’s posts I always read and some I simply glance at (and Yo is pretty funny to my mind). I don’t get this inability to tolerate people who’s opinions are different from yours. I hear a lot of people talking about today’s generation as “Snowflakes”. In reality it is often them who are the true Snowflakes, unable to tolerate any divergence of opinion or approach. Grow up folks (or “man” up - for Vetmx 😂). If you don’t like it then post in disagreement (politely) and/or move on.

Chris