Prone Shooting Mats

Been looking...
So it's a mat?...🥴😅
I get that.
Seen one that doubles as a rifle case by NcStar.
But...
What are the other advantages of one of these over just a big regular mat?🤷‍♂️🫠
I'd love to try some prone shooting again(used to be my main style). Have only been able to get prone for the past couple of years. (Surgeries did a number on me)😕
I'm finally able to stay prone for at least 20 minutes again🤗
Never used a mat before lol just said oh well and laid on the ground. Figure I'm missing something advantageous in the mix.
Let me knowwwwww🎩🤙

I use an "inflatable" camping mat. The kind you open a valve and it inflates itself. Works fine.
What about a foam yoga/ work out mat ?
Everyday at Walmart..

I live where there are cactus and sharp rocks and shoot mainly from pastures and stony hills.
Over the years I have found shooting mats made with canvas or dense plastic to be the best and most durable.
I got tired of lugging all the crap around so now I use terrain or equipment for a rest, I avoid thorny or sticker areas and take knee and elbow pads.
I rarely shoot at formal rifle ranges or off a bench though.

I live where there are cactus and sharp rocks and shoot mainly from pastures and stony hills.
Over the years I have found shooting mats made with canvas or dense plastic to be the best and most durable.
I got tired of lugging all the crap around so now I use terrain or equipment for a rest, I avoid thorny or sticker areas and take knee and elbow pads.
I rarely shoot at formal rifle ranges or off a bench though.

"I got tired of lugging all the crap around so now I use terrain or equipment for a rest, I avoid thorny or sticker areas and take knee and elbow pads."

I could adhere to that policy ..🤤. Be like im in a briar patch when i could be on nice grass .

Check out this mat from palmettostatearmory.com
Made by blackhawk tactical
Good quality 👍🏻 $100

Screenshot_20231011_221715_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231011_221705_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: bf1956