• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Prolix

Guys:
this morning I decided to try some Prolix with my . 25 cricket. I shot JSB exacts at 34 yds...no wind. My regulator is very good and averages about 5 fps variation. I shout a number of groups with random pellets straight of the tin, average group center to center was about 3-/8" to 1/2" . I then lubed some pellets with Proilx, let them dry and shot 3x 5 shot groups. Groups went from less than a 1/4" to 3/8". The 3/8" group was nine shots. I am beginning to think my barrel likes this stuff. Anybody else using this stuff? Any downsides to it's use?
mike

I have a cricket too. And I have never needed to lube any of my pellets and I get some pretty nice groups out of the barrel in this Cricket. Mine is also a .25 cal. I love this gun I just wish they come up with a easier cocking mechanism. Other then that, I hits hard. I resently shot a rat with wings from about 43 yds away and blow his head near off. When I retrieved it, all that was left was the beak and feathers. Man that thing hits hard. Best Steve. SORRY about the rambling.

Steve: That 50 yd group you posted is amazing. My best so far with my .25 Cricket is 1/4" at 50 yds and 3/8" at 70. I was wondering how you broke that barrel in? Seems to me I saw a posting you made on another thread about cleaning it often? If so what are you doing/using to clean it?//Mike
PS for right now I am staying with the Prolix...seems to work for me...it definitely changes my POI when I shoot them after using non lubed JSB's