Benjamin Project P-rod finished

weevil

Dec 19, 2022
Utah
I’ll start with a shout to @_CTAIRGUNNER_ for inspiring me to finish this P-Rod with an Airgun Revisions wood stock and thanks to Rich for doing such a nice job. I’ve had this prod for a couple years and it’s been through quite a few “experiments” including orings, SSGs and a balanced valve.

I finally settled on a Huma reg at 115bar with a gauge delete, lightweight hammer, PEEK striker and 45 spring. It is ported at .125” from the (stock) valve to the TP. Crown and leade were cleaned up and the mags were resprung to prevent pellet damage. Finally, the trigger was polished and set at 12oz. The barrel has a stock shroud that was shortened by 1 inch and is affixed into indentations at the muzzle end by 4 grub screws. The barrel is then tensioned via a carbon tube by the impulse air IA1200 moderator. It has a taper at the muzzle end that allows for cap removal and filling without unscrewing the mod, which would be a dealbreaker with the tensioning. Part of the stock barrel band remains to affix the wooden stock.

The power adjuster is set to deliver 700fps with Hades, tuned at 97% of peak speed and gives 20 shots from 3000psi before dropping off the reg. I’ve played around a lot with pressures and speeds and this is the sweet spot for me. ES is ~6fps and I have no issue with creep after sitting for a week. With the light hammer and moderator, it is absurdly quiet at both ends. The main goal here was to maximize accuracy and the mods have really worked in that regard. It stacks those Hades out to 40 yards! As always, it’s a bittersweet moment — It’ll be a pleasure to eyeball and
IMG_0624.jpeg
shoot but I lament the end of the tinkering. Thanks again CT and Rich!

@weevil we are twinning now lol 😆

I made a booboo in the first stock and one of Rich premier stocks showed up yesterday, have to get her mounted up sometime this week.

I'm glad my post could give you some motivation, happy shooting man! 🔫 View attachment 406133
Dang. If I were closer, I’d ask you out for a shooting date!

• Love
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I too blame ctairgunner :) - a noob here so learning but knew that airgun revisions was the way to go. Love the P-Rods Thanks Rich!!

View attachment 406167
I must reassess my opinion of the P rod. What Gorgeous rifle/ carbines.

These are classy as is CTAIRGUNNERS
What kinda performance are you all getting ?

Beautiful morning to shoot its first groups in the stock. 40 yards aiming at a grain of corn in a duct seal block. The gun deserves better. Group #1 after sighting in shot from bags, getting used to the hold:

IMG_0628.jpeg

Group #2 I took a lot more care. This is typical of what it is capable of:

IMG_0629.jpeg

Opening up the duct seal shows 4 pellets stacked and the one “flyer”:

IMG_0630.jpeg

The stock has definitely not hurt it!

I’ll start with a shout to @_CTAIRGUNNER_ for inspiring me to finish this P-Rod with an Airgun Revisions wood stock and thanks to Rich for doing such a nice job. I’ve had this prod for a couple years and it’s been through quite a few “experiments” including orings, SSGs and a balanced valve.

I finally settled on a Huma reg at 115bar with a gauge delete, lightweight hammer, PEEK striker and 45 spring. It is ported at .125” from the (stock) valve to the TP. Crown and leade were cleaned up and the mags were resprung to prevent pellet damage. Finally, the trigger was polished and set at 12oz. The barrel has a stock shroud that was shortened by 1 inch and is affixed into indentations at the muzzle end by 4 grub screws. The barrel is then tensioned via a carbon tube by the impulse air IA1200 moderator. It has a taper at the muzzle end that allows for cap removal and filling without unscrewing the mod, which would be a dealbreaker with the tensioning. Part of the stock barrel band remains to affix the wooden stock.

The power adjuster is set to deliver 700fps with Hades, tuned at 97% of peak speed and gives 20 shots from 3000psi before dropping off the reg. I’ve played around a lot with pressures and speeds and this is the sweet spot for me. ES is ~6fps and I have no issue with creep after sitting for a week. With the light hammer and moderator, it is absurdly quiet at both ends. The main goal here was to maximize accuracy and the mods have really worked in that regard. It stacks those Hades out to 40 yards! As always, it’s a bittersweet moment — It’ll be a pleasure to eyeball and View attachment 406082shoot but I lament the end of the tinkering. Thanks again CT and Rich!
Triple WOW !!!!!

Super beautiful !!!!

Nice work !!!!!