EDgun Project Leshiy 2 “RatFLEX”

… so, I set about really fine tuning the 10grain to find the best speed. I started out by tuning the trigger wastegate because it was clear that at 150bar, it was using too much air. Once I got that dialed in, I cleaned the liner and then shot groups of the 10g Zans, increasing the jet sizes by 0.1mm at a time. Started out with 0.7 and 0.8, zipping out at 1050fps and finished with 2x 1.2mm, shooting at 960fps.

It turns out that it got better with descending speed, with the best results coming from the 1.2mm jets at 960fps. I could consistently shoot 8 shot groups at <1.5in at 100y and to really torture test it, I shot one mag full at 275bar tank pressure, then blew a couple mags on a spinner and then put another mag full into the same 100y target from 180bar, so this is a 16 shot group in total:

IMG_0742.jpeg

My sense is that the gun itself is extremely accurate with this tune and projectile and for me to do any better would require a different trigger. Shooting this large group took every bit of concentration and technique that I could muster, so at this point, I am happy with this performance and confident that it’ll do what is needed. I’ve been through 4 boxes of Zans tuning this thing. I don’t know if it’s the challenge of its awkward trigger but it’s a real blast to shoot. And oh so quiet in this configuration.

IMG_0741.jpeg

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
… so, I set about really fine tuning the 10grain to find the best speed. I started out by tuning the trigger wastegate because it was clear that at 150bar, it was using too much air. Once I got that dialed in, I cleaned the liner and then shot groups of the 10g Zans, increasing the jet sizes by 0.1mm at a time. Started out with 0.7 and 0.8, zipping out at 1050fps and finished with 2x 1.2mm, shooting at 960fps.

It turns out that it got better with descending speed, with the best results coming from the 1.2mm jets at 960fps. I could consistently shoot 8 shot groups at <1.5in at 100y and to really torture test it, I shot one mag full at 275bar tank pressure, then blew a couple mags on a spinner and then put another mag full into the same 100y target from 180bar, so this is a 16 shot group in total:

View attachment 437197

My sense is that the gun itself is extremely accurate with this tune and projectile and for me to do any better would require a different trigger. Shooting this large group took every bit of concentration and technique that I could muster, so at this point, I am happy with this performance and confident that it’ll do what is needed. I’ve been through 4 boxes of Zans tuning this thing. I don’t know if it’s the challenge of its awkward trigger but it’s a real blast to shoot. And oh so quiet in this configuration.

View attachment 437198
Awesome results from a such a compact gun, repeater at that! Is there another trigger you can out on the leshiy?

Awesome results from a such a compact gun, repeater at that! Is there another trigger you can out on the leshiy?
The problem is that it directly actuates the valve, so any fix would be complex, requiring additional components. You do get accustomed to it and it’s part of the character of this gun. I look at it as a challenge. Having competed in biathlon for decades, I’ve learned to isolate and control specific aspects of the shooting cycle. The last step is to tighten the grip and squeeze the trigger finger to touch your thumb. This is good technique for any trigger because it ensures that you do not apply a sideways motion that will move POA when the trigger breaks. It works especially well for the long pull of the L2 but is very challenging because it needs to be uninterrupted due to the mechanics. Apologies for the nerdy details.

• Love
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
The problem is that it directly actuates the valve, so any fix would be complex, requiring additional components. You do get accustomed to it and it’s part of the character of this gun. I look at it as a challenge. Having competed in biathlon for decades, I’ve learned to isolate and control specific aspects of the shooting cycle. The last step is to tighten the grip and squeeze the trigger finger to touch your thumb. This is good technique for any trigger because it ensures that you do not apply a sideways motion that will move POA when the trigger breaks. It works especially well for the long pull of the L2 but is very challenging because it needs to be uninterrupted due to the mechanics. Apologies for the nerdy details.
No need for the apology, this is an amazing bit of information.