• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Programer or heliboard?

You can make programming changes both with the Heliboard or with the DS programmer. Making program changes with the Heliboard is fiddly because each point has to be made through multiple trigger pulls vs numerical input on the programmer. However if you are really looking to make changes as small as 1-2 FPS the Heliboard has some big advantages. The factory board only has 2 levels but it also only has 2 or 3 set points within those levels. The Heliboard not only has 10 levels, but each of those levels has 10 set points. For theoretical example....

Factory board,
Setting level 1 =
X @ 150 bar and
X at 100 bar.
All other numbers are extrapolated by the internal program.

Heliboard,
X @ 180 Bar
X @ 170 Bar
X @ 160 Bar
X @ 150 Bar
X @ 140 Bar
X @ 130 Bar
X @ 120 Bar
X @ 110 Bar
X @ 100 Bar
X @ 90 Bar
All other numbers are extrapolated by the internal program, but you can see how much closer you can keep each one.

With a .25 cal Redwolf HP, I was able to create a shot string of 40 with an ES of 10 with pellets out of the tin!

Actually the Factory board has 3 power levels and within each power level are three settings for the GCU to interpolate settings for the gun.
In the HeliBoard there are 12 power levels and 20 settings within each power level, spaced about 10 bar apart.
The new HeliBoards have an Auto Calc feature where within a power level you choose a high, medium, and low pressure, set your gun to shoot the desired speed at each of those 3 points, then the Auto Calc feature will set all other set points automatically. Pretty cool.
For example if 170 bar is the lowest pressure that my gun will shoot King Heavy at 940 fps, I would choose that as my low and get the correct settings by shooting. Then I’d go to say 210 bar, do the same thing, then 260 bar and again do the same. Now I select Auto Calc and it automatically sets all pressure set points every 10 bar to achieve your desired speed.
You can do this for all 12 power levels independently if you wish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewis
Actually the Factory board has 3 power levels and within each power level are three settings for the GCU to interpolate settings for the gun.
In the HeliBoard there are 12 power levels and 20 settings within each power level, spaced about 10 bar apart.
The new HeliBoards have an Auto Calc feature where within a power level you choose a high, medium, and low pressure, set your gun to shoot the desired speed at each of those 3 points, then the Auto Calc gesture will set all other set points automatically. Pretty cool.
For example if 170 bar is the lowest pressure that my gun will shoot King Heavy at 940 fps, I would choose that as my low and get the correct settings by shooting. Then I’d go to say 210 bar, do the same thing, then 260 bar and again do the same. Now I select Auto Calc and it automatically sets all pressure set points every 10 bar to achieve your desired speed.
You can do this for all 12 power levels independently if you wish.
Thank you for the clarification. Even more difference in favor of the Heliboard. I am still hoping someone brings a board to market that can be programmed via PC or phone.