Profile names

From my favorite air rifle of my youth, the Feinwerkbau 124, purchased with my own money from my very first job.
As kids the things we bought with our money, especially when we had to save up to get it, always meant the most and what we remember the most. I will always remember my first BMX bike. I collected cans (in Oregon we had $.05 deposit on soda cans) for a year to buy it. Just a K-mart quality bike, not like the Mongoose or Redlines my friends got, but to me it it was great.

I played scenario paintball and had my sights set on getting asked to join a team (KnightStalkers). Problem was when everyone is wearing masks and camo we all looked the same. I needed a callsign to put on my gear to try and get some recognition. I had just got a cat for the wife and we named him "Rodeo" because we were into country music at the time. Well, I liked the name so.....
It worked. I got a few MVP awards, made the team, and have been aka Rodeo ever since.
The furball Rodeo passed away quite a few years ago but his memory lives on.

Reactions: Redtick12
I was talking with @Bigragu and he asked about my profile name Redtick. So I shared with him where it came from, and got to thinking it might be fun to hear where other people got their name. As for me I used to, a long time ago, be a big The Simpsons fan, back when, in my opinion, they were good. I am talking the first 9 Seasons. There is one very obscure reference to Red Tick beer. Here is a clip of that reference.

I adopted that as my online name because I liked that it came from The Simpsons, but was very obscure rather than an obvious reference, and of course I am bold, refreshing, and something people can’t quite put their finger on.😁

Anyone else have a good one?
Redtick12:

I chose "Simplyhooked" and then just recently added PCPs because I am just simply hooked on airguns with the exception of CO 2s, to each his or her own!

Amos Burton is my (currently) 80lb 1yo white German Shepherd. He's built like a tank and will grow for at least another year.
I loved "The Expanse" book series and the show. When we got a giant shepherd puppy, we already had 2 chihuahuas and it just reminded me of the character Amos Burton so we named him that.
I also grew up with dogs named after Hogan's Hero characters. Schultz was our first Doberman, Clink was our second, and Hogan was a little Lakeland Terrier that ruled over both of them.
My real name is Ben.

I used to fly R/C airplanes and Gliders, I also Made planes, the best flyingwing plane I designed I called Kato, after Bruce Lee's character in the original Green Hornet TV show, my Name is Kevin and I like Shooting my Ruger Super Red Hawk 454 Casull, on the other site I am kbstingwing, my Initials and the first plane I designed.

On this forum my profile name came from my one email. I race motocross in the +30, +40 and +50 Vet classes. Over on GTA I’m pelletjunkie which is kind of self explanatory.
I recognize a lot of GTA usernames here, but I was wondering if there were some that were using different ones. Now I know of at least one. :)

The RIKK part came from when my Grandmother read me stories from the Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling, I loved the one about the mongoose.
The second part was the result of a ricochet when I fired my first shot at a 600 yard target.
The sights had been set at 500 yards - not my rifle and I had not seen it before - and the bullet hit the bank in front of the target and ricocheted into the bull.
That was in 1957, and I've been known as Rikkochet ever since.

Reactions: Redtick12