• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I can’t remember what airgun place I got this little dude from but it works, doesn’t impede filling and doesn’t look like a black energy drink can on the end of my gun. My gun is tuned for 725fps and is silent. Makes you wonder why others require such a big device to make a prod quiet. This thing just has a bunch of baffles in it.
image.1613780544.jpg

I can’t remember what airgun place I got this little dude from but it works, doesn’t impede filling and doesn’t look like a black energy drink can on the end of my gun. My gun is tuned for 725fps and is silent. Makes you wonder why others require such a big device to make a prod quiet. This thing just has a bunch of baffles in it.
image.1613780544.jpg

Well, that is awesome in a lot of ways. If it does come to mind, I'd like to know where you got it. Thanks. 

For me I prefer a smaller moderator, the smaller the better, to the big can hanging off the end of my barrel. So I also use Hill’s moderator on my Prod. It’s quiet but I never owned a Sumo so I can’t compare the two. I did try a Tanto once and to my ears I could not hear any discernible difference in sound. I sold the Tanto because the slimmer Hill moderator just looked better to me on the Prod. I also use a .875” TKO on my 1720T and it makes it very quiet also. I tried it on the Prod also and to my ears it’s about the same as the Hill. It’s also about the same size. 

I have tried both a Donny FL Sumo and a Tanto on my PROD and couldn't tell much difference. You have to unscrew either to fill. I had the Marmot Militia shroud extension and it wasn't nearly as good.

The MM was adequate for stocked tuned gun, and best installed at the breech end, and baffles added to the muzzle end.

I think they were around 3 1/4" long. If going for longer shroud, go about 5" longer that stock, and add baffles.

For LDC's, the OD of a Mrod shroud works well. About 0.88". I think the Hill is close to that. I have grafted Mrod shrouds to the Prod and used 6 mrod baffles, very quiet. But Rocker1 can make what you want.

Would the 1720T part #13 baffles (there are 2 in it, about $8.00/piece from Crosman) with spring part #14 make the PROD quieter?

I guess so, lol!

The baffles themselves are just made of plastic, but their holes can accommodate .22 pellets w/o drilling it.

I have these baffles as well as the spring but I would need to buy 1720T part #16, aka baffle spacer, as the one for the PROD stops at the muzzle and denies the addition of 2 baffles, thus nullifying the said attachment--there is a rim that acts as a stopper but perhaps I could just derim it 👀

Probably the baffle spacer (part #16) for the 1720T is a through and through design based on the drawing/PDF. 

Here are the PDF's for both pistols:

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/articles/203361724-BP2220-Owner-s-Manual-EVP-2010-Present-

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/articles/203361974-1720T-Owner-s-Manual-EVP-2012-

The PROD shroud design does not have the baffle system, obviously.

My PROD is very quiet though; it having a silver transfer port, a medium, where the red one has the tiniest of holes same as the Challenger transfer port, while the blue one is, of course, the most air-accommodating and one which that is on a pre-built PROD.

I do not hunt, as I like low power for paper targets.

I have advanced my hammer striker to 3 full turns, whilst the hammer spring has zero tension/preload.

Rick, I have some of those baffles and they are on the small side, volume wise, for a 22. You can use the 1720T shroud spacer, or just cut off the extended nose on the Prod one. Baffles in the stock Prod shroud will not do much though. I tried it. You could move the whole shroud forward a few inches, and fill the space with baffles, but at $8 each, I'd make my own or get them from David. Only relating my experience.

After viewing some comments, I would like to add something. I think I got the little shroud extension from MM back when I bought my Prod. The key to a quiet gun is a perfectly tuned gun. Guys chasing big power have to use a bigger can when your gun is an air hog and wasting air out the barrel. I’ve never had to use anything bigger than a 4.5-5” Huggett, 0db or Tanto on .25 slug gun when perfectly tuned.