• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prod W/New Lane Regulator

Hey guys,
Bought regulator years ago (LW barrel also) but just installed the reg. Reg supposedly came set to 1750 psi. I’m only getting 600fps (consistent 15.99gr H&I) with the hammer spring at it’s tightest.
Question: Do I need to open up the port and barrel air hole to get to the mid 700fps range?
I would think 1750psi on the reg would be enough. PS. I increased the plenum area slightly also.

Last edited:
First, you will never need your hammer spring adjusted to max. Remember, it was designed to easily crack the valve at 3,000psi. Start with a little preload then work your way up until the gun quits getting faster. Right now you’re punishing your valve. Yes you have to open your ports. But the transfer port can only be opened so much because there isn’t much meat on its bone. I made my ports 3.5mm, reg set at 120b ish and with the assistance of a SSG I made, I get 3 mags at 730fps with 14.3’s.

Reactions: jakeb
My gun maxes out with those 14.3’s at 780fps but we know we can’t leave it there. My guns happy spot for 3 mags is 6% below the plateau. At 5% below the plateau it was only a 2 mag gun but was only 10fps faster. By only dropping 10fps to gain another mag was a no brainer. The SSG helps so if you don’t make one then your results will be slightly different.

Reactions: jakeb and RAMJET66
Yeah, just make all 3 ports match. Valve, transfer port and barrel. I prefer to Dremel the barrel over drilling. Drilling can leave or I should say will leave some things that will have to be addressed before you chamber a pellet. A SSG is a spring stopping guide. Your spring is limited and launches your hammer. When your hammer rebounds off the valve it comes back and smacks the partially compressed spring that’s contained in the guide and that’s it. No more trips back to the valve. It’s dead.

0F0712E4-EAF0-4A2D-983E-1BF7C0D64B60.jpeg

Reactions: jakeb