Benjamin Prod trigger change overnight by itself!

Yesterday the trigger was normal, you pull it and it fires. Today it is different. I pull it and I feel a small click and nothing happens. Then when I let off the trigger it fires. I changed nothing. Anyone know why this would happen?
It's almost more accurate now, but I'm really curious what changed. I was killing rats with it last night and it was like normal, this morning totally changed.

So the little screw backed out from the bottom of the trigger. I screwed it back in and now it works, but there is a second threaded hole in the trigger that is empty. Idk if a screw fell out of it in thinking so. It seems to work now, although without a safety. :D the little ball bearing was driving me mad so I skipped it and pulled the whole safety out.

1000009868.jpg
that's the screw on the trigger that was almost all the way unscrewed. There is another hole next to it that has no screw, maybe it fell out... great design!

Edit to add: I bought this gun because it was cheap and had lots of parts available so I guess I can't be too upset. It really is a pretty awesome pistol for the money.

so you know now that your first stage adjustment screw is missing and your second stage is about to fall out
you see in the picture i have drilled a hole in the cover so you can see the adjustment screws and how you have adjusted them and it is not my idea
you can see maybe how i have mine setup on an extra 1701p frame i have
they list the size of the screws in the parts diagram

my advice to al,l whatever you own, find out all you can about that gun and then a problem might not be a problem
i have never read about this ever happening before and when you get it set back up you will have a much better trigger

also the trigger now can be adjusted out of the gun push down on the sear and pull the trigger and adjust the trigger till the sear and the trigger are disconnected meaning the sear just moves up and down at that point you have gone too far and you need to turns the screws back also the trigger stop can be adjusted and all of that is much easier off the pistol then on

the front screw hits the sear and the back one trips the sear how you set it up will be how much trigger movement you have
i like a trigger that moves very little
just watch it and learn
and the tool to adjust the trigger screws
thumbnail_IMG_4199.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4197.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4198.jpg

Last edited:
So the little screw backed out from the bottom of the trigger. I screwed it back in and now it works, but there is a second threaded hole in the trigger that is empty. Idk if a screw fell out of it in thinking so. It seems to work now, although without a safety. :D the little ball bearing was driving me mad so I skipped it and pulled the whole safety out.
Seems like a lot of grease on the sear. Did it come that way from the factory?

so you know now that your first stage adjustment screw is missing and your second stage is about to fall out
you see in the picture i have drilled a hole in the cover so you can see the adjustment screws and how you have adjusted them and it is not my idea
you can see maybe how i have mine setup on an extra 1701p frame i have
they list the size of the screws in the parts diagram

my advice to al,l whatever you own, find out all you can about that gun and then a problem might not be a problem
i have never read about this ever happening before and when you get it set back up you will have a much better trigger

also the trigger now can be adjusted out of the gun push down on the sear and pull the trigger and adjust the trigger till the sear and the trigger are disconnected meaning the sear just moves up and down at that point you have gone too far and you need to turns the screws back also the trigger stop can be adjusted and all of that is much easier off the pistol then on

the front screw hits the sear and the back one trips the sear how you set it up will be how much trigger movement you have
i like a trigger that moves very little
just watch it and learn
and the tool to adjust the trigger screws View attachment 455347

View attachment 455343View attachment 455344
Thank you so much for those photos. I had the trigger put back on the spring incorrectly and saw how to do it correct from your photo, very helpful, thanks.