Prod scope suggestions

Hello All, I recently picked up a Woods Walker that came with the CP red dot. I don’t really like it and I’m looking for scope suggestions. I have it in the carbine set up and am hunting rats at night at a bait station that has a red light eliminating it. I also am planning on using it to hunt small game. I know a lot of people use the Bug Buster. I watch the Cyclops reviews and I liked the looks of the SWFA SS Ultralight but I don’t think it has an eliminated ret. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

I put this very compact Sniper 1-5X24 FFP on it and really like how light and compact it is. Got it off of fleabay for 110 as it was a make an offer. It has a very nice reticle and only the center dot is illuminated. Inexpensive but nice glass.
1581562996_476010875e44bc74cdf569.76804488_EF20DD67-2CA0-44CE-932F-C18D28D57D33.jpeg

I have a 4-14x44 FFP BSA on my Marauder. Since most of my shooting with the Marauder is under 75 yards, it works great. Lots of debate on FFP vs SFP (First focal plane vs Second focal plane), but I prefer first. Personal preference mostly. that particular scope isn't available anymore, but the 4-14 range is great for the shorter hunting distances.

I think the 6-24 I have on my Impact would be just too much for the shorter distances.

It works for me.

The SWFA scope you mention has a BDC reticle made for powder burner hold offs or a plain duplex. I prefer a mil dot style for accurate shot placement at extended airgun ranges. An adjustable parallax that will focus down to ten yards is also a requirement as far as I am concerned.

There are many scopes in your price range. Any of the fixed power SWFA scopes are great a couple of the Discovery, Bushnell, Nikon and Athlon or Vortex scopes would be in the same price range as the SWFA Ultralight as well. Joe Rea will not steer you wrong just keep an eye on the specs to make sure you get exactly what you want.

Hawke makes some great air gun scopes at reasonable prices. The reason I mentioned them is their great customer service with life time warranty. They are fast to respond and very courteous and helpful. I lost a cap to a turret on a scope and without hesitation they replaced it free of charge. I also had a eclipse 6-24x50 that after several years on a magnum springer (diana 48) bit the dust and they upgraded me a replacement (airmax 6-24x50) without hesitation, also for free .👍

I put this very compact Sniper 1-5X24 FFP on it and really like how light and compact it is. Got it off of fleabay for 110 as it was a make an offer. It has a very nice reticle and only the center dot is illuminated. Inexpensive but nice glass.
1581562996_476010875e44bc74cdf569.76804488_EF20DD67-2CA0-44CE-932F-C18D28D57D33.jpeg

I have the 3-12 Sniper the glass is crystal clear for a low budget scope.

Redick, thank you..that is good to know their other offerings offer good glass on their budget scopes 👍.

I liked the looks of the SWFA SS Ultralight.

Please help me out to understand this.... 😊 Maybe I lack experience with this kind of scope. 😬

For shooting rats I suppose the range is 10 to 15y.

But the SWFA SS Ultralight 2.5-10x32 scope has a fixed parallax set to 100y.

So, doesn't that make the scope basically unfit for this kind of shooting? 

Thanks for helping me understand. 😊

Matthias

Thanks for everyone’s input. I think I’ve narrowed it down to either the Vector Veyron 3-12x44, or the Hawke Airmax 2-7x32. It seems like I can’t go wrong with either of these. 
I got a rat this morning. I think it was wounded by a snap trap. It was stuck hanging in the bamboo dangling by its arm pits. No scope needed for this shot.