Tuning Prod mods

image.1648945072.jpg
I love my prod and am looking to possibly to a power mod if possible and anyother ideas you guys may have. I currently have the AR stock adapter on it with a hogue stock and a Donny fl moderator. How else can I make this already awesome gun even more badass.

I put a Huma Reg and opened the transfer port. It’s been so long ago, I don’t remember how many bar or the diameter of the new transfer port. I also used a makeshift depinger by shoving a bottle brush head in the air tube. Big ole DonnyFL Sumo made her whisper sweet naps to the noisy barking squirrels. I think she was pushing 14.3’s at mid-700’s for the plinking, PolyMags 16gn probably still 700’s for squirrel duty. I only had around 23 yards range to the fence back then. I got a HW97 .177 just for kicks and ended up puting the P-Rod on reserve because I didn’t enjoy the hand pumping. I just recently got her a AR stock, gonna have to bring her back on duty for sparrow control. I’ve got 40 yards to the fence nowadays.

Nice to know. Is the ping the sound created from the hammer on value creating sound vibrations then? The donny fl tanto I have on my marauder pistol pretty much makes her dead silent, only sound I do hear is the trigger and valve. I’m looking at the hammer spring and .105 TP on hills website and I think I’m going to go ahead with them. I just wished he had a TP around .110-.115, all of the videos I’ve seen on YouTube have showed that they are kind of the sweet spot for shot curve consistency. 

I probably didn’t get a ping until I increased the power. They say the ping is caused by rapid air pressure change and it gets amplified as the vibration bounces around the air tube. I’ve seen scope cam video of guns with very prominent ping, they’re higher power than the P-Rod factory power (around 13FPE). Although my Lishey (Leshiy?) at 27 FPE does not ping, maybe because the airtube is shorter and thicker, maybe EdGun has a factory depinger built-in.

https://youtu.be/YuC8Q1XDfIk

https://youtu.be/oLrzDEjYLUM