• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prod Marauder Pistol Bottle Mod "on the cheap"

Hey all: Well in a mere 6 months I've gone from complete newbie to doing a modest bottle mod, so yeah somewhat pleased with my progress. Full admission, this is a design from others here and on GTA, so thanks to all contributors. My goal was a regulated pester at moderate 10-12 fpe with higher shot count. As all are aware, the issue with a regulated Prod is the loss of air tube volume with an in tube regulator so thus the approach. The hex nipple attaches at the gauge block and to the HPA adapter. See pics below. 

PXL_20210703_155822215 2.1625329048.jpg
PXL_20210703_155815071 2.1625329048.jpg

While pictures and a few dead links to parts appear on the net, for reference sake let me list the items for those who are interested. All the parts were around $120 total.

1. Ninja Paintball Aluminum HPA Air Tank w/ Pro V2 Regulator - 13ci

2. Universal Remote Line On/Off ASA Fill Adapter CO2 Compressed Air Paintball Tanks.

3. Hex Nipple 1/8" x 1/8" Male NPT 316 Stainless Steel High Pressure <5404-02-02-SS (just for reference 1.06" in length). 

4. Belleville washers (Corrosion-Resistant Belleville Disc Spring for 5/16" Shaft Diameter, 0.317" ID, 0.625" OD, 0.0320" Thick, 9713K66)

5. 316 Stainless Steel Ring Shim, 0.01" Thick, 3/8" ID, Packs of 10, 97022A378

6. 316 Stainless Steel Ring Shim, 0.005" Thick, 3/8" ID, Packs of 10, 97022A331

I selected the Ninja Pro V2, so I could swing the collar around to guarantee that the foster nipple and gauge would not interfere with the existing air tube. Also I didn't need to exceed my intended pressure of 1400psi (could have pushed to 1500psi I suppose, but I already blew two 1.8k discs in the testing process). I used only 1 additional belleville washer to the existing stack to become the following ||| )) () () () () ( || . On the right side of the stack are the existing .03 stack of shims that came with the reg (.02, .01). On the left .03 (.01, .01, .01) which also came with the regulator. In the end I didn't need the pack of shims I ordered, but you don't know what you'll need to get to your pressure setting. 

If you want to go with a higher regulated pressure, then you need to purchase any other Ninja regulator, but you run the risk of the nipple/gauge interference. The Pro V2 has been advised by other knowledgeable PCP's gurus to not exceed 1500 psi. I did that while testing as I didn't know what gauge was to be trusted. I subsequently found out...and have a digital gauge on order;)

My last task, and perhaps you can suggest how to enclose the bottle and attach to the air tube so it doesn't go swinging from side to side, and perhaps make it look better ;)

Feel free to ask any questions. 

Updated

Just an update, as I also purchased the following from McMaster-Carr to make 2 stabilizer rings to slide over the bottle and butt up against the pressure tube. The rings are 1.25" long and are routed out slightly with 1" router bit along the vertical edge to stabilize the bottle and keeps the bottle rock solid against the pressure tube. I. The ninja bottle is 2" OD so it fits perfectly. The suggestion above to 3d print something is also a great idea, but I haven't got into that yet and this works well. Just be REAL careful routing the tube. I built a jig with a block of wood milled out to the 2.5" OD and stuck the tube in vertically and routed it very carefully in small increments laterally so not to burn the acetal or bind it during the routing process. Hmm, thinking this over perhaps the 3d printer makes more sense ;)...

1 1830T299 Black Delrin® Acetal Resin Oversized Tube,2-1/2" OD x 2" ID, 1 Foot Long (~$25 so cheap). 

For some reason I can't upload pictures with the following error (Unable to create temporary upload directory). If you want them PM me with your email. 

pretty cool .. i'd like to have one of those bottles just to keep in my pocket to fill with .. what exact parts do you need to just fill it to 3k? psi and be able to use it basically unregulated ?

Likely would need same type of parts but a reg that would handle 3k psi output from a bottle. Ninja carries a 4.3k psi carbon bottle reg that could do that but then better off with just a standard bottle fill station if you're just refilling vs this setup.