Hello All,

My Benjamin Marauder Pistol sprung a fast leak today. I took it apart thinking it was happening at the transfer port. All the o rings looked okay. I greased them with some silicone grease and put it back together but there’s still a fast leak. I think the valve is open and now there’s no pressure in the tank to help keep it shut. Not really sure of what to do next. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I purchased my P-Rod used - it would leak down overnighr, so I ordered every o-ring required from Crosman, PLUS a new valve stem - that fixed her right up.

Good luck, you'll get it sorted out -

EDIT: If you have your hammer spring torqued up for max power, it could be holding your valve open by putting too much pressure on the valve stem - just a thought -

If you heard it leaking into the barrel, it is most likely the poppet or debris stuck on it. If you can't get it to seal, and do a leak detection check, best to do a full tear down, inspection, cleaning, new poppet, and O-ring replacement. Four -113 O-rings and think the one in valve is -111. Re-using O-rings is a crap shoot, especially the ones on gauge port and valve that will pass over the gauge hole. When installing, you have to compress the O-ring to get it under the edge, or it will take a gouge out of it. If the stamped gauge hole is very sharp, deburring may be needed. Other common leak areas include gauge and fill assy.

Well…I spoke with a technician at Crosman. When I gave him the serial number on my gun he said it’s still under warranty. Then i was honest and I told him about the mods that the gun came with (DePinger, .140 transfer port, and a #45 spring), which nullified the warranty. I was kind of happy about it because I got the Prod specifically because it was supposed to be easy to work on yourself. So I took it all apart. Everything looked okay. No damaged o-rings and no debris. I didn’t have any silicone oil to re lube all the o-rings but I have some arriving today. I put it back together again because I didn’t want to leave all the parts scattered on our kitchen table. It all went back together nicely but it still has the leak. It felt good to dig into it and successfully get it back together again even though the problem wasn’t solved. I’ll try it again but with lubing it up properly. If that doesn’t solve it I’ll replace o-rings on the valve and transfer port. That’s my plan. 

1582986591_12836669325e5a755f0958c4.29495703_FB_IMG_1582985901562.jpg

I have sometimes the same problem with my FX, it leaks out where the arrow points.
I think the main reason is impurities and dry o-rings, because there are not always leaks,
but especially in cold weather they happen more often.

I received the parts today and replaced the poppet and a bunch of o-rings. No more leak! Before it was shooting 16 shots on a fill, no it’s shooting 40 and it’s way quieter than it was. So quiet that it seem broken or that it’s not even shooting, but it is. No I can focus on what optic to get for it. Thanks for everyone’s input on the repair. 

Ho il mio Prod da meno di un anno. E nessun problema di perdite. Ma il mio suggerimento sarebbe semplicemente quello di ordinare un set completo di O-Ring, smontarlo e sostituirli tutti.
Buongiorno J., sono Luca da Verona (Italia) e sono nuovo del forum. Ho anche il problema dello sfiato del Marauder attraverso il nipplo di riempimento. Vorrei solo che mi dicessi gentilmente la dimensione corretta dell'o-ring del capezzolo Crosman 1761-106 e di che materiale è fatto, poiché Crosman non lo fornisce in sostituzione e proverei a cercarlo qui in Italia se può....
Dagli Stati Uniti nessun concessionario spedisce pezzi di ricambio in Europa...
ti ringrazio anticipatamente
Luca B.