• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prochrono DLX Came Today

It arrived today from Pyramidair. Ordered it Monday so that is not too bad in the current environment.

This was absolutely an easy set up including the connection with their Digital Link app. I plugged in a battery, screwed it to a tripod and stuck on the diffusers. I had already downloaded the app so that was ready to go.

I turned on the chrono and the display lit right up ready to go. Then I made sure the blue tooth was enabled on my phone and turned the app on. The initial connection took a couple of minutes to get established but subsequent connections were just a couple seconds.

Next I loaded a pellet in my HW30S and took a shot. I got a nice quick readout on both the unit display and on my phone. The neat thing about the app is it gives you a voice readout of the velocity so you don't even have to be watching the unit display or the phone. I took a string of 9 shots and noticed along the way that you do need to shoot a pellet in the lower half of the shooting area. But the shot was still comfortably away from the unit itself. The muzzle was only a foot or less away from the unit so no real problem avoiding hitting the chrony.

You create a separate shooting list in the app for each string of shots you want to record. The app records pretty much all the info you would want about a string of shots. It displays velocity, time of shot, fpe of each shot assuming you entered pellet weight when you set up a shot list. One negative is that it only records pellet weight to one decimal point. The app also calculates a summary page for the shot string that includes high, low, average, extreme spread and standard deviation.

The chrony only missed one shot during this first use out of about thirty shots altogether. That was the shot where I shot high in the target area. I was shooting around 7:00 PM with a clear sky overhead. It remains to be seen how it behaves under different lighting conditions.

Right now I can't say how convenient using the display and buttons on the unit itself is. I relied entirely on the app for getting my info.

So far I am very happy with this chronograph. When I get a chance I will try it with my powder burners and my longbows and see how it does. I am sure others have had good experiences with other chronys as well. I just thought I would share my initial experience with this one.

I also have the same unit and also think it is a good one. For indoor shooting I first tried going the diy inexpensive route of using Harbor Freight hockey puck led lights attached to the diffusers with some rubber bands. I had varying success with those, usually had a lot of errors. I then went ahead and purchased the Pro Chrono light kit and everything is bliss now, no errors, and aim is not so critical. I do wish the light kit came with a simple battery supply to ease the use of the chrony outdoors in low light conditions.