Problems with yet another Hawke scope

I know I am following up to an old chain but I purchased the Hawke ED 8-40×56 recently.

1st one would not hold zero...

They replaced it and my current one which has only about 40 of the 56 elevation usable. 

Looks l like it's going back to Hawke too. It's a shame when you spend nearly $1k on a scope and rings that you can't get something that works out of the box. 

Strikey, I have a 10-50 ED glass Sidewinder scope on my Redwolf, it is milky on high magnifications and also shifts the POI. I am not terribly impressed as it was not a cheap scope.

I also have a Airmax and that scope without ED glass is way clearer than the Sidewinder. Makes you wonder why they punt ED glass? The Redwolf should be a laser, but the scope lets the gun down. I bought a MTC Viper pro and that seems quite a nice scope, still early days but will see what benchrest score it produces in comparison to the Sidewinder.

Reactions: Batman2
Strikey, I have a 10-50 ED glass Sidewinder scope on my Redwolf, it is milky on high magnifications and also shifts the POI. I am not terribly impressed as it was not a cheap scope.

I also have a Airmax and that scope without ED glass is way clearer than the Sidewinder. Makes you wonder why they punt ED glass? The Redwolf should be a laser, but the scope lets the gun down. I bought a MTC Viper pro and that seems quite a nice scope, still early days but will see what benchrest score it produces in comparison to the Sidewinder.

Surprised you hadn't biught the JAPAN SIGHTRON only a little more than the $999 Hawke ED. Even the FALCON from JAPAN would have been my first choice before spending that much on a Chinese made scope no matter how great the warranty it's like buying a new car that's in the warranty repair shop more than other country manufactures. Great LIFETIME WARRANTY but troubling so many had to use it.

Is rather have a lifetime warranty that NEVER EVER NEEDS TO BE USED. SUCH INCONVIENCE TO VE WITHOUT A SCOPE ON THE GUN AND ALL THAT WASTED TIME AND AMMO AND AGGRAVATION ESPECIALLY SPENDING THAT KIND OF MONEY $1000.00!!! ON THEIR TOP OF THE LINE HALO FLAGSHIP?

THATS JUST ME THOUGH!

I BOUGHT A SIDEWINDER 30 6-24x56 JUST 2 MONTHS AGO. NICE TILL I COMPARED IT TO A $200.00 AIM SPORTS ALPHA6 THAT COST BETWEEN 1/2 - 1/3 (CLOSER TO 1/3) THE PRICE AND WAS CLEARER WITH SUPERIOR ILLUMINATION AND EYEBOX AND SIGHT PICTURE!!! IN A MORE COMPACT OVERALL PACKAGE AND SMALLER 50MM VS 56MM OBJECTIVE WITH AN EVEN 6X ZOOM RATIO AS COMPARED TO THE HAWKE'S 4X. WHEN COMPARED SIDE BY SIDE THE ALPHA6 SPECIFICALLY BETWEEN 6-24X SAME AS THE SIDEWINDER30 THERES NO COMPARISON IN CLARITY AND BRIGHTNESS.